Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jospherous Posts: 2

I recieved a talking bear when I was very young right around 1970.  He had a pull cord and said among other things, "I like honey!".  I'd know him if I saw  him, but I can't describe him very well.  He was brown and I seem to recall yellow highlights.  He had typical round plastic eyes with the wobbly black pupils and felt highlights behind them.  The pull cord was on his side near what would be his hip.

Over the years, I've come to appreciate how much he meant to me.  A friend swung him by his pull cord which pulled out, so he was mute for many years.  Lately, I've been wishing I had kept him and could repair his voice box, because I have been longing to hear his voice again.

My wife suggested that I look to see if I can find one among collectors.  Thank for any leads or pictures!

Full of Nostalgia,
Joe

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Could it be Bingo Bear?  I'll post a video from Youtube in a few minutes so you can see what I'm talking about.  He was from the 80s, though.  I had one as a kid and I adored him.  I'm obsessed with talking bears and 80s bears.

Jospherous Posts: 2

Thanks for trying Wubbie!

Bingo is certainly cute, but he's not my Beary Bear.  That's the name I gave him at around 3 years old.

Does Bingo say that he "likes honey" too?

bear_original Joe

Board footer