Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I finally got fed up with my old web hosting service and switched to iPage. My new website only has 5 pages, and I'm limited to using the site templates and features that are included with their service (unless I pay extra, of course. Then the sky is the limit).

The good news is that the site is more visually appealing than before, and I'm able to include more and bigger photos and "Buy Now" buttons for the available bears.

Please stop in if you have time for a look. bear_flower

www.dangerbears.com

Becky

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

I really like your site, Becky.  It is easy to find your way around and the bears all look fab!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Sue! I'm glad you found it easy to navigate. :dance:

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very attractive, Becky!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Nice site and I was able to navigate it.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

It really does look good Becky.  I love the color scheme and the ease of navigation.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for all the great feedback, everyone!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Looking good  bear_original   Your contact form is hanging over into the template border on my screen, but it's still perfectly usable

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, Katy. (The contact form does that on my screen, too, but as you say - it works. :whistle:)

:hug:

Becky

Conni Germany

I like the new website. The side is easy and one has in view everything. bear_thumb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, Conni. I'm glad you could see everything.  :dance:

They had another template that I really liked, but it was huge, and nowadays, people look at websites from all kinds of devices - some of them with small screens. I decided that a smaller layout was better.

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
rowarrior wrote:

Looking good  bear_original   Your contact form is hanging over into the template border on my screen, but it's still perfectly usable

Hi Becky,

On my screen too, the contact form crossed over the border into the grey area.  I don't mind that really, but what I did mind was that I couldn't read the article in Teddy Bear and Friends.  Of course my eyesight isn't what it used to be  bear_laugh , but I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to open it in a pop-up window like you did for the photos of the bears?

Other than these two points, the website really looks great: easy to navigate, lots of good photos of the bears, good lay-out, ...  :clap:
I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to add a "collector's comments" page; I am sure that you have gotten lots of comments from satisfied customers!  bear_thumb

dangerbears.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Vincent & Arthur

HeidiBears florida

Looks lovely!!!! Especially like the colors around your title!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, Peter and Heidi!  :hug:

Maybe I can figure out a way to make that magazine article readable, beginning with a very high-res scan, I suppose...

Becky

Bakerina78 Posts: 326

Really nice website, Becky!!!
I like everything,
will be happy to put your link on my website too,
can I use your avatar from TT?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Yes, of course, Tatyana. I'll link to your website, too. :hug:  (On your website, by the way, I had trouble reading the yellow words on the home-page menu. Maybe they could be a darker color?)

Becky

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I think it's a great site and websites are an ongoing work in progress so great job so far and things can only keep improving from the great beginning site you have bear_original Looks fantastic and I love that the pics are big and clear too bear_original

annalong MadebyAnna

Looks great Becky!  Love the dark brown bear on the first page.  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for taking a look, Joy and Anna! :hug:

Becky

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Sorry Becky, just tried to have a look, but couldn't get anything to come at all.  Will try again tmorrow.

Margaret

susana fung hong kong

hi Becky,
your new website is clean and presentable, great to read your bears total image with or without outfit.
oh, i also wish to add several icons at my page  bear_tongue
susana

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you for the feedback, ladies!

Margaret, the server was down for awhile one day, which didn't make me very happy. bear_ermm

Susana, I really like your website, too. It's clear, and I enjoyed reading the profile description about you. bear_flower

Becky

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

:clap: I like it alot Becky!  Matilda is lovely! bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Lisa! :hug:

Everyone's advice was super helpful. I now have, 1.) a "Subscribe" form that fits on the page, 2.) a magazine article that's expandable, 3.) mailing list services from Mail Chimp  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Bear hugs,
Becky

Board footer