Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Deb Upstate New York

Well, crisis is an exageration ... but I do need a business name.  I actually do have one, but I only whipped one up quick eons ago so I could do craft fairs.  It's Making It Bearable (which isn't horrible I guess) ... but I'm not sure I want to continue to use it.

Send me your suggestions!  I'm braindead on this one.  The only two I could come up with at all were:

Bear Smitten
(You know my last name is Smith ... right?  Should to be able to do something with that, though I'm never thrilled when people call me Smitty.)

Black Lake Bears
(I don't live at Black Lake, but it was while on vacation there one year that I was smitten with the bear bug.)

Help, oh wondrously creative friends!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, there is a Blacklick Bears  (I think she now just does embroidery) so Black Lake Bears might be confussing. Though maybe not.

I like Bear Smitten... short, easy to remember and spell and original! Or you could do Smitten Bears. I like that too, maybe a tad more but either way..... :)

Am I being helpful? I'm not so sure! bear_laugh

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I love the name you have but Bear Smitten is also cute and easy to remember! Boy are we a big help or what!!!

Many Hugs Louise

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Deb -  I like your existing name too
but waht about maybe Debutant Bears??
:hug:
Anne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

How about Beary Smitten Bears?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh all such good ideas...... since you like to go by Deb I really like Kim's DEButant Bears.....but all are good suggestions.....

I don't understand why you have to change your name though?   Oh Deb.....poor baby.....you are thinking too hard.  I THOUGHT "MAKING IT Bearable"  was awfully cute; you know hug a bear and life is better?

hugs

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You mean Anne's suggestion DEButant bears bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

These are all so good!

You guys seriously liked Making It Bearable?  Hmm ...

In a very early post, I think I shared that at the time, I was thinking that at least it was better than Bearly Making It, haha.  I'm so sick, I know.

Dilu ~ thank you so much for the hug!   :hug:   bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A smith is someone who makes or forges something.  And it's easy to remember and spell, for us Anglo-types anyway.

Why not BearSmith? Or The Bear Smith?  Something like that. ???

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AND...

.... www.thebearsmith.com is AVAILABLE!!!

Deb Upstate New York
Shelli wrote:

A smith is someone who makes or forges something.

Yup ... hubby says we were all named Smith once upon a time ... lol.

Uh HUh  Adam and Eve Smith laughing-smiley-003.gif

That goes along with did Adam have a tummy button?laughing-smiley-017.gif

I'm sorry Anne...... f035.gif a little brain-dead.....

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

My only advice is to make sure it's something that you really love...because as much as I thought I liked Apple Dumpling Bears a few months ago...I'm already sick of it and wish I had come up with something else.  I realize I still can since I've yet to establish any kind of following.

That's all I have on the subject!!!   bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What about DeBear Smith ....... all good suggestions above

Wow....you have so many choices.....I am curious though, what was it about Apple Dumpling Bears that got you down?

Also I do think a lot of collectors brouse through here, so you may have more of a "name" presence than you thought......

course.....I'm just a wee bit addelbrained......right now....

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I like the name apple dumpling bears! It is really creative!  plus I love apple dumplings! YUM! 

bearsmiths sounds like a "craftsman" sorta name.. like someone you would see at the renaissance fair with a frilly dress and one of those bonnet hats bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love Apple Dumpling Bears... reminds me of comfort food! Comfort reminds me of what else??? Bears!!! Keep it, Shantell!

Besides..... I have too many things in my head bogging up what few brain cells I have trying to be sure I do all I have to before Christmas!!!!!

Deb - I think there are some great ideas here!! I like The Bear Smith and Bear Smitten (and BOTH web addresses are available!!)

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Shantell - you're not alone - I hate Honeythorpe bears so much!  Isn't that awful...but there is nothing I can change it to and it's too late now anyway....I will just have to learn to love it again!

I think Apple Dumpling bears is cute   :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh...I'm keeping Apple Dumpling Bears.  It's too much thinking to change it now.  I was just commenting that whatever Deb decides she needs to make sure it's something she really likes...that's all.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Suggestions from the North.......Southern Tier Cubs? or Teddy Smith? Kodiak Smith?
Give my husband a challenge, and he won't stop....... bear_laugh 
I like the name Apple Dumpling Bears, makes me think of the Apple Dumpling Gang  bear_grin  :dance:
Ellen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Deb,
I like Making it Bearable!  I think it's creative and a cute play on words. 

Shantell,
I'm sorry you're unhappy with Apple Dumpling Bears.  I think it's really cute!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, Deb, I'm sorry I don't have any original ideas for you. I went through this same thing recently. I wanted to get a website which meant I needed a name! I brainstormed (HA!) for about a week or so when I finally came up with it. It kinda just popped into my head when I wasn't really thinking about it. I had even asked my fiancee for help...yeah, that was pretty funny!

I really like Shelli's idea...The Bear Smith

Good luck!

Shantell...I really like Apple Dumpling Bears!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Deb, I like your Making it Bearable. I think it's a good slogan bear_thumb
but I really do like BearSmith (like Aerosmith  bear_grin ) or something else with your Smith name.  bear_wub

For ex. BearSmith. Making it Bearable.

Julia :hug:

Board footer