Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Last week, through no fault of our internet provider, but because of upgrading work BT was doing in the area, and which had apparently gone wrong or something, we were cut off from the internet for nearly a whole week!
As sombody who really cannot face even turning the computer on sometimes for days at a time (my friends know if they really want to email me something urgent they have to send an email to my husband too to tell me to look!) you'd think this wouldn't matter much, and for the first couple of days I felt quite relieved, though my husband was getting frustrated about it, but having started getting back into Teddy-Talk and after the Bear Fair and looking forward to Jane's photos, even I was beginning to start fretting and realizing just how much I missed it - definitely feeling deprived (or should it be depraved?!)  It was good to get it back - and be back - though how long I'll keep it up I can't say , specially as we're off to see daughter in France next week, though as said elsewhere, I shall take log-in with me and want to show Claire Jane's photos when they appear.

Does anybody else feel deprived - or relieved  - when you can't get internet connected for whatever reason?
It's hard to remember what it was like not that many years ago when we didn't have this technology isn't it?
Not that some of you younger ones are in a position to remember I guess!  Oh dear, feeling ancient!!!!

Hugs to you all (please let us never be deprived of those!!!)

Margaret :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

We going camping way out in the sticks quite frequently...no internet or phone service and I LOVE IT!! Not to say i dont enjoy my computer and phone, but it sure is nice to get away with no distractions! Went out camping this weekend and got 4 bears stuffed while enjoying my family and the sunshine! It doesn't get any better then that!!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

teeeej Brisbane

If I am at home I get very antsy if I don't have internet access. But when I am on holidays I rarely use it at all.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I was visiting my grandma for these past two weeks and she doesn't have a computer.  The only thing I really missed was my bear forums because I didn't have anyone there that loves bears, so when I talked bears they were like, oh boy, here she goes.

Board footer