Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

katiewings Posts: 2
Website

Hi, guys;

I am not a bear collector; I collect bjd dolls. But this has been breaking my heart for 9 years...I have a very dear friend who has been looking to replace a bear she had when she was a child; she has been looking since 2000, after her Grandmother decided this teddy was too big and drove the self-named "Joshua" bear to the local dump.

My most beloved friend is wanting information on this bear, as she owned him in her childhood; if anyone has information on a bear of these stats, please please please, do contact me! I would be very happy! I am getting her it as a gift.

Stats read....

RUSS* brand
*(Maybe GUND, but, Best Friend's Dad thinks more likely RUSS. I'm just covering all the bases I can.)

Giant or maybe Jumbo size

Honey, or possibly Mocha color. This bear was a very light, sandy, tan, honey color, or even a very light brown. I'm not sure what the official color would be named.

Short Shag Fur, not curled, not crimped, and not glossy; he was not super-fuzzy, but very "well-groomed"

Non-articulated arms & feet & head, but, he was VERY well made and gave the appearance that he was (although he was not, he was just very detailed & handsome!)

CUTE LARGE ROUND NOSE; nose is the same color of his paw pads.

Muzzle was the same color & fur shag as the rest of his body (save for his paw pads & paws.)

Darker paw colors with
"fake" paw pads (toe pads & foot pad) round in shape, not sewn; same color as his paws.

MADE POSSIBLY IN 1998, OR 1999

Her bear was originally purchased at a Hallmark store

HAD A PLAID RIBBON.

It really is heartbreaking. As I said, it was an awful situation as her Grandmother threw this bear in the dump near their house while my beloved friend was at school attending classes.

She has been wanting to replace it ever since.

This was her favorite bear that she owned when she was a child, given to her by her father. She's his only child and they've had a heck of a time finding this bear again.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much! If anyone knows who this guy is, please, let me know!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Would there possibly be a picture of the girl with the bear?

katiewings Posts: 2
Website

Nooo; that's part of the issue! There's nothing to go off of but memories  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

Sorry to tell you this but I work in a puppet shop on weekends that also has lots of Russ brand and I recently learned that Russ has gone bankrupt and what is left in shops on shelves and floating about the internet is all of their products that are left. If you're after one of their discontinued bears you'd be best looking online as Russ is very soon to be nothing more than a non-existent brand. Hopefully you find the bear you're after somewhere, hopefully it was a Gund bear and not a Russ as that is more likely to help you find him.

Wish there was a photo but best of luck to you and how nice you're helping you're friend bear_original

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This is so sad it makes me want to cry.  I've lost a lot of bears as a kid and I know what that's like to lose a beloved bear.  I really hope you can find the bear.  Bearlove to you and your friend.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

IMG_0875dudley.JPGIMG_0873dudley.JPGIMG_0872dudley.JPGIMG_0870dudley.JPGI am so sorry to hear about your friends loss!  I don't know if this will help, but we've got to start somewhere.  This is Dudley; he is my pride and joy.  My husband bought him for me around the time your friend got hers.  He was purchased from a Hallmark store.  He is a Dakin, but kind of fits the description.  Good luck in your search! You are a good friend  :hug:

He's a gorgeous bear TC!!!! Love his cheeky smile bear_original

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you so much!!!  Actually, I was wrong (it's okay - first time this year!!!)  My husband reminded me that Dudley is 10 years older than I gave him credit for.  Kinda like me - just reducing the age!   :crackup:   I also did a little research and found out that Dakin was merged with Applause and then eventually the rights went to Russ Bearies.  And why all of this matters, I'm not sure!!!!

LOL Your post made me laugh TC!!!  :crackup::crackup::crackup: Still a gorgeous bear no matter who owns the rights and how old or young he is ROFL

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thanks, Gabriele!  :hug:

Board footer