Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I have a Gund bear that I think was designed for babies.  She's a pink bear and I think she says My First Bear somewhere.  I believe she's from the 80s or 90s.  She has a music box with a wind-up key on her back and her head is supposed to turn while she plays music.  Unfortunately, when you wind her up, rather than playing the Brahms Lullaby like she's supposed to, she makes a lot of notes all together in a very off-key sound and her head turns like she's having a seizure.  The music box turns too fast and basically jerks.  In order to get her to play correctly I have to turn the key manually, which is kind of hard because I can't always get it to slow down and I still get a lot of weird-sounding notes.  Does anyone know how I can get this poor little bear fixed?  I love music boxes, especially in teddies, and I'd like for her to play without making those creepy sounds.  I feel so bad for her.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I too, love the music box in bears, althought they don't seem to sell well. I do have several music boxes here that I ant to put in bears, but until someone asks for one, I won't........ Anyway, Clockworks has muxic boxes and parts/pieces. Their website has all the fixings, you just need to figure out how all the mechanics work in the bear you have, then get replacements for it..........Good luck!

Ellen

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I like music boxes, too. It would be easier to replace just the music box and do away with the head-moving mechanism, I'd say. (Do you care if the head moves?)

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

No I don't care about the head.  I'm thinking about trying to send her to my dad.  He's kind of a fix it man and he collects clocks.  I don't know if that would help him figure out what's going on.  There's also a rattle in her when you shake her.  I don't think that's supposed to be there.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

You should do the sewing and have Dad do the mechanical work.

Open the Bear up and get her ready for her repairs, let Dad fix the music box if he can then you can sew her back up.

Mechanics and technicians might do great work on machines but they often don't sew very well.  I speak from my own experience.  I can fix most anything but, when it comes to sewing a Bear back together, it's bound to be a messy job.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

CRCrafts has music boxes with the head moving arm...

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Really?  That might be easier than trying to repair the one she already has.  I don't know why, but I have a phobia about repairing bears even though I make them because I don't know what it will look like when I get done.  Is that weird?

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

just sent you a PM.
Ellen

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Furthermore, you and the Bear now have the opportunity to pick the song that she sings when you wind her up.   bear_original

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

We like what she sings, it's just that the weird sounds she makes are creeeeeeepy.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Sorry, I mis-spelled the company I have ordered music boxes from: It is Klockit........they have some neat stuff as well as music boxes.
Ellen

Board footer