Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

Have any of you ever decided to go in a completely different direction with your bears from what you normally do?  Step outside of your comfort zone a little?

Well, I am giving it a shot.  I have always been into the antique, well-loved type of bears and for the most part that is what I try to create.   Recently I have been itching to make smaller, more modern bears that are not the "classic" type of bear.  So I have drawn up a pattern and I'm in the process of hoping it turns out the way I want it to.  It is very exciting to try something new.  I will let you all know (and post photos if not too bad) how it works out.   :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good for you, Lisa, for stretching your imagination!  Look forward to seeing your new 'look'.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lisa,
I am going the opposite direction.  Instead of the modern teddy bears I usually create, I have been making more classic teddies.  I have always adored old fashioned bears but have never made them.  I have to say, my collectors are probably confused, but I am having a lot of fun with it!

Hugs,
Alison

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I make two totally different styles of bears, and the best thing is when I get board with one I work on the other.  Enjoy your new direction, and please do post pictures.

Joanne

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

bear_grin So basically, Alison and I are switching places in the bear world.  Doing something new has really put the excitement back into making bears for me I have to say.  Not that I haven't always loved it but this is alot different. 

Thanks Ladies!!!  I'll post pics even if it is hideous! :crackup:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Way to go Lisa  bear_thumb  I recently came out of my comfort zone and changed directions too. I went from making my colourful modern bears to vintage style much loved old timers which I am enjoying so much more as I find I can be more creative  bear_grin

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I am trying a vintagy (if that's a word haha) style. I have always done a bit more modern and not vintage at all,  not sure how it will come out but what the heck I wanted to try something different.  I will post a pic when I finally get it done.

Shane

puca bears puca bears

Go for it, Lisa........challenge to yourself is GOOD - keeps it all fresh and exciting bear_grin

Board footer