Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Stuffed Lincolnshire

I saw some discussion on an older thread about how it would be nice to have a gallery area for people's bear collections, so I was wondering if just making a thread for people to post pictures in would be a good idea? In any case, I have gone ahead and made this thread so that people have a chance to share pictures of their hugs and talk a little about the bears they own.

I'm afraid I can't kick start this topic with my pictures of my own bears as I am lacking a camera right now.  bear_sad

Happy posting, everyone!

Eddy38 Kitchener Ontario

Hug.jpgHi,
My name is Ed and I a fairly new to collecting Artist bears.  I have collected Steif, Charlie Bears, and assorted other bears all my life.
This picture is my hug of Artist bears however.  I have a Barbara Ann, Bells Stuff, 2 by The Bear Guys, 2 by Butterfly Bears, Wee Beary Tales, 2 Barney Bears and assorted others. 
This is a wonderful forum and I hope to keep collecting...actually I have 3 more coming...LOL
Ed

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Wow Ed, a pretty impressive collection.  They are all wonderful.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

P1010732tt.jpg

That does look like a beautiful and well-behaved collection, Ed!

I'm posting a picture of a small part of my collection. These are two Steiff bears with one of my early bears, Buddy. The white bear is a reproduction of the "pointy-eared" bear seen in a famous photo of Margarete Steiff (I added the cardigan). His companion is the limited edition Betsy Ross bear, which I don't think was particularly popular, but which I think is adorable. Doesn't she have the sweetest face?  bear_wub Buddy was the 14th bear I made, and by the time I was finished, I knew he would be my bear forever. I did make a second Buddy, however, and he now lives with Thomas Adam and many good bear-friends. bear_original

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

Buddy was the 14th bear I made, and by the time I was finished, I knew he would be my bear forever. I did make a second Buddy, however, and he now lives with Thomas Adam and many good bear-friends. :)

Becky

Yay!  And indeed, he and Leo are always sat next to each other.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Eddy38 Kitchener Ontario

I would love more people to post pictures of their hugs...

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Ed, your hug is lovely! Such sweet little bears.

Becky, that cardy looks adorable, and all the bears have lovely little friendly faces.

Thomas Adam, wow, so many bears and such a variety too!

bear_wub

I'd better get some hug photos of my own done.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bears.jpg

Here is some of my hug...

Stuffed Lincolnshire

Wow, that is a lot of bears! Even Winnie the Pooh  bear_wub

Stuffed Lincolnshire

This is my little hug.

bearstogether2.jpg

From left to right:

Zach by Jamie/Flattrackjack, sitting in his lap is Ditto by Bry/Thingumy bears (I will explain why his ruff is gone in a moment). The chap next to him in the clown hat is Moobie also by Jamie and in his lap is Kipper who is also a Thingumy bear.

Next to Moobie is Sandman, by Clare Davis Tedd. In Sandman's lap is little Kara, also by Clare (also I found her a small rabbit to hold, but I am not sure who made that). Otho is the white clown bear (also by Clare) and I am very lucky to have him.

The woolly brown chap is Leo (another Country bear by Clare), in front of him is Pollo by a Japanese artist I don't know the name of. Leo's buddy in the stripey jumper is George, wearing Moobie's rusty bell, he is also a bear by Clare.

Now, about Ditto's ruff....I am sorry to say that I accidentally pulled it off  :redface: you see, Ditto was a great comfort to me in a time that I was quite upset...and I got into the habit of tugging at his ruff...after a little while of this, I accidentally pulled it off...I still have it and will fix it soon, but I feel very bad, so I gave him a little heart necklace to wear.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

bear_laugh Tee hee - Lenora's bunch looks like they're sitting in the bleachers watching a baseball game. bear_laugh What a colorful group!

And Stuffed, your bears look like members of the same family, don't they? Every one of them is lovely, and I'm sure Ditto doesn't mind about the ruff. Those can always be mended. bear_flower

Becky

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Wonderful collections!
Hugs,
Janice

Missouri
Website

Stuffed,
I think your hug looks so sweet.  They look so comfortable with each other.

I set mine up on the guest bed and then went down to get the camera.  My little fur ball followed me and I thought she was going to lose her lunch when she saw all the bears.  She does not like my bears.  She jumped on the bed and tried to knock them all off....poor baby.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I don't have any pics of my hugs, wish I had time to group them and take a photo.

Ed nice to see you posting, I love your hug lots of great bears in there for sure.

big hugs

Shane

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

Wow what great collections. I haven't got a photo yet but I'm working on it. I have some bears by Silke Borrmann from The Mountaineers, a mouse by Ann Marie Cole of Goldelocs Bears, lots and lots of Michelle Nunnery's bears from Little Bittie Bears, a sheep by Claire from Copi Khatz Creations, one of Jo's antique style bears from Jo Bears, a gorgeous white mink bear by Carol Kelson of Bonogin Bears, a mink bear by Carmen from Caku Baer, and a few of my own that I've kept. I also have lots of Charlie Bears, mainly the Isabelle Collection bears though. I will get some pics happening when I can, I'd like to share too as this is such a happy post where can share our little families lol. bear_original

Eddy38 Kitchener Ontario

Shane,
You need to get some pics on here,  Your bears that I have seen are so great!! 

Ed

Stuffed Lincolnshire

I hope eventually there might be a proper gallery for hugs  bear_original

Lotte Rotten Posts: 108

SO lovely to see everybodys hugs! I hope many more people will post pictures in this thread!  bear_smile  I need to take a new and updated pic of my little hug... as quite a few bears have moved in during the summer  bear_happy

hug_tt.jpg

Missouri
Website

Oh they are sweet.  Who is the little blue guy on the left?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I do love seeing pics of other collectors' hugs! Your pics are lovely!!!!

I have a few pics to share.  Below is a pic of my little collection of Ridibears:

Ridibears.jpg

And this is my lovely 'Morpheus' (Bringer of Dreams) by Sandra Wickenden, shown here with a Mac Pohlen bear:

SandraWickendenMacPohlen.jpg

This little chap is called 'Acorn' and he was made by Elena Barry of 'My Primitive Sistas':

ElenaBarryAcorn.jpg

Below is 'Barty', a 'Chiltern Memory' made for me by the Chief Bear Designer for the Chiltern Hygenic Toy Company back in the 50's, lovely Pam Howells.  He is shown here with 'Sebastian', a special limited edition bear made by the 'Little Folk' bear company who were based in Tiverton, Devon back in the 80's.

SebastianBarty.jpg

And the lovely dark brown bear stood in the corner is 'Angus', an 'Auntie Bear' from the mid 90's.  He was made by my sister Fiona before she gave up making bears - he travelled all the way to Singapore to live for a good few years, but a little while ago, I spotted him on an auction site and couldn't resist bringing him back home to live out his retirement with me!

AuntieBearsAngus.jpg

These are just a few of my bears, there are many more! I hope you have enjoyed seeing them!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I would love to post a picture of my hug, but they live in the bedroom which is about to get a make-over, so all have gone into storage until the room is done.....I am not sure hubby will let the bears back, he told me to get rid of some, which I have, but how do you thin out a hug??????

Ellen

Missouri
Website

My hubby frowns at me sometimes but the hug stays!

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

My hug keeps growing.  Or should I say my husbands hug keeps growing.  I don't know how many bears I've made that he has decide he was keeping for himself.  He tells me that if I take it to a couple of shows and I haven't sold it he gets to keep it.  He once told me he didn't care if I sold any bears that I made to just keep making them he wanted them all.  I shouldn't take him to shows with me I think he scares people off so he can have them. LOL.  Most times if I tell him that he can't keep them all.  I have to have money to make new bears and it has to come from somewhere, he gives in.  But there have been a few that he just fights for, he won't let them leave the house.  My first swap bear last year with Linda, he claimed.  Thankfully Linda was understanding when I emailed her and told her I had a problem my husband didn't want to part with the bear and if it would be okay to let him have it and make her a new one.  As a result Linda got my first ever mohair bear and I sent along my first ever bear to her as well.  Good thing my husband didn't know about that one until well after the fact. LOL

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I wish my hubbie fell in love with my bears like that.

Board footer