Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

Hi all,

I know, it's been awhile.  Facebook stole me away - ha.  Have you ever gotten emails that state you have a message at Teddy Talk, then click on the link to find there are no new messages?  I'm wondering if my account needs changed or if it's an admin glitch with Teddy Talk.  My last messages were 2010, so I don't see anything new.

Thanks!
Cathy
IMG_4708a.JPG

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

That's very unusual. I personally don't click links in emails at all. If an email tells me I have a new message on TT I load this page and check manually, to avoid being taken into a "false" version of the site that may in fact but a phishing attempt etc. Yeah I'm slightly paranoid but I think I have been safe online so long because of it.

Welcome back by the way and I wouldn't click on the links in the emails if I were you LOL bear_laugh

annalong MadebyAnna

I had the same thing...A private message from Eddy.. Subject Hi.
Came to the site and no new message in my box ?

Website

Yes, Eddy is the person emailing me.  Hmmm.  Well, I guess I'll change my passwords for here.  Maybe I've been hacked.  Thanks!

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Hi I got the same message from "Eddy" this morning as well.  I would say it's the Teddy Talk site that's been hacked rather than individual accounts. However it did get me back. I've been busy with way too many other things bear_grin

Eddy38 Kitchener Ontario

Hi, I hope the fake messages aren't from Eddy38, that is me and I haven't sent any private messages at all.  I also checked my regular email account and it doesn't say I sent any from it.
I have only posted on here a couple of times.
Sorry to anyone if a hacker is using my ID.
Ed

Website

Nope, just Eddy and it comes right back to Teddy Talk legit site.  Weird.

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eddy signed up last night. This member posted a spam on the board and proceeded to spam/private message members. This account got deleted along with its posting/PMs. TT was not hacked, just someone abusing the private messaging.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, Quy!

BrendaBears BrendaBears
Jackson, Wyoming
Website

I also got an email saying that I had a private message from Eddy. When I logged in here, no messages. Thanks Quy for being on top of it! I had a feeling that is what happened when I came here and saw no PM.

Eddy38 Kitchener Ontario

Wow, makes me feel better, I was scared I did something wrong and I would get kicked off...
I really like the site and want to be part of it!!!

Bakerina78 Posts: 326

I had Eddy's empty PM too bear_ermm

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_rolleyes Yep, me too got an Eddy email this morning.

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

I had the same thing.  I thought it was strange.  I didn't know anyone named Eddy that I had talked to.  At least not that would send me a private message.

Seemed weird.

Board footer