Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

IMG_5204gift-wrap.JPGIMG_5333gift-wrap.JPGIMG_5283gift-wrap.JPGIMG_5318gift-wrap.JPG“Gift Wrap Bear" features Benjamin, a 14" honey colored mohair bear wearing a little cotton Christmas country print vest. He works at a little old crooked wooden table with a sign on it that states he will wrap "Presntz" for $.25 each.  There are lots of Christmas ribbons, papers and bows scattered on his table top and the floor, as well as a little pair of scissors and a tape dispenser. All items, except the scissors and tape dispenser, are handmade and OOAK.  Of course, when the holiday is over, Benjamin has a little green collar to wear.
Benjamin is on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/280783741128?ss … 317wt_1135

Conni Germany

bear_laugh wonderful idea!
Benjamin is a beautiful bear.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Such an original idea...and Benjamin really looks so eager to please his clients with the best Chrismas wrapping ever! bear_grin

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

sweet idea and a sweet bear bear_original

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

such a wonderful expression, someone will be a very happy bear collector this Christmas

Hugs Lynne x

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you, Conni.  Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for the idea - it was my husband's!! :hug: tc

Yes, Francesca, he loves to please! bear_thumb tc

Thank you, Thondra bear_original tc

Hi Pink!  Thank you, I've been working on the tongue!  Yes - hubby made the table.  It was hard for him to make it old and rickety, he kept trying to "fix" it! I'm still working on my mini doll and bear combo - doll is fighting with me!  What are you working on?? :hug:  :hug: tc

Thank you, Lynne.  I tried to give him an innocent look!   bear_flower  tc

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Hey Pink, Did you take photos of your trip to bear land?  Would love to see some!

Scissor sculpting takes practice.  I like to practice on scraps of the mohair I'm using to see how long or short to leave the fur before I attack the bear.  Sometimes the bears see me coming with the scissors and they try to hide :crackup:

The doll is finally finished and waiting for the bear.  It was supposed to be for Christmas (had a great story!) but didn't make it - well maybe a different theme! 

I'm looking forward to seeing the little bear that thinks he's a lion!  Don't know if I've ever seen a lilac and white lion so I can hardly wait!  Bet he's great!

And by the way, my dining table, which often subs as a craft table, would have been appropriate for Benjamin's table, but it was way too big!

Take care  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: tc

Board footer