Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow . . . again TT members rock the Industry's Choice Awards!  Way to go, all of you that were selected!  And applause for all those who entered the competition - you deserve recognition, also!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thank you, Karen - you are so kind!  It's so nice to know someone in our category.  Congratulations to you, too :)

hugs,

Brenda

Seraphim Seraphim Bears
Belleville
Website

Congratulations Everyone and thanks so much to Joanne for listing all the official winners! I entered two this year and came away with a win with my latest and oldest design... figure that one out. Hahahaha Thank you for choosing my Toodle Pip and confirming that my decision to make a change was a good one! So happy for everyone!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Here are my two, Alpine and Oatman.  Thank you Robert for posting your Truffles.  I hope others will please post  too.  I would love to see.

Joanne

002_231x300.jpg066_221x300.jpg

Seraphim Seraphim Bears
Belleville
Website
boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Wonderful news for all who were nominated!  I know a lot of work goes in to your creations and it's quite an honor!  A BIG CONGRATS to each of you!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Hugs,
Janice

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well done everyone, big congrats.

Here's my Toby winner in the Miniature category - Daisy Thistlewaite She is one of the bears in my draw, on January 31st.  If you would like a chance to win her, PM me or email me for information. :)

tt1.jpg

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Congratulations to everyone, can't wait to see all the winners......Well Done :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Huge congrats to all the winners  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
big hugs

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Capt-Aramis-Rex-TT-TOBY2.jpgOh my heavens!!!  I've just found out my Captain Aramis Rex is a TOBY winner!!!!  What an absolute dream come true!!! I just can't believe it - how awesome!!! (sorry, I know I'm gushing  :redface:  :redface: )

Massive congratulations to all of the winners  :clap:  :clap:  (especially Wendy Walker  of ME Bears who sent me the link on Facebook tonight  :hug: )

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

DSC_0516Willopee-close-300.jpgHere is Willopee my first ever Toby winner!!!!!
DSC_0527_Willopee_300.jpg

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

The-Rabbit-Maker-TTwm-copy.jpgCongratulations to all the TOBY winners !!! :clap:  :clap:

I was nominated in 'Small artist friends' with 'Finery and Finesse'.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats all  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I am loving the pictures - please keep them coming bear_original

K Pawz Creations K Pawz Creations
Victoria BC

Gorgeous Creations everyone! well deserved wins for sure!
here are Azizi the Cheetah in the Large Friends, and Nixi the Unicorn in the Non Traditional materials categories.
industries_choice_2012.jpg

Hugs,
krista

KatieRaeBears Katie Rae Bears
sheffield
Website

pudding.jpegHere is "Pudding" my winning bear in category 1

Big Congrats to all the fantastic artists and their wonderful creations - the public are going to have a hard job this year me thinks!!!!!!

Hugs
Katherine x

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Huge congrats to you all
Paula

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

evangeline_with_TOBY_small_copy2.jpg

A huge congratulations to everyone!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Here's my Evangeline in the Small Artist Bears, Dressed category.

Warmly,
Cheryl

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, congratulations to you all!   :clap:

It just goes to show -once more bear_laugh - how much talent is present here on TT.  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Large Artist “Friends��

In a  Spring Vegetable Garden – Masako Kitao
    Mischief – Cindy Cherry
    Dandelion – Masako Kitao
    Azizi – Krista Griffiths
    Yuri & Momo – Aiko Kawamoto

Artist Creation, Nontraditional Materials

Willopee – Linda Down
    Grey & White Lifesize Bunny Rabbit – Stevi T.
    Nixi – Krista Griffiths
    Mimi – Olga Timofeevski
    Three Blind Mice – Stevi T.

How can this be? I don't wish to step on any toes—I don't know the individuals who've placed twice in the same categories.
I've got to go back and re-read the Rules again. No 'sour grapes' here as I have no vested-interest in the awards, not having entered for several years; TB&Fâ„  may have changed, but for 2 decades it always was (to my understanding) one nomination per artist per category.

I would hope that the nominations would be be open to as many different artists as possible; it's unbelievable that there weren't more worthy candidates than doubling up on prospects and awarding 2 spots to one nominee.

I noticed this last year (I think it was last year or 2009) and commented on it to the staff via email but got no return follow-up. Perhaps it went to the wrong addy. It wasn't like this in the past, when there was one person in charge and contact info given for the person-in-command.

Anyone know about this off-hand?

Waterloo, Ontario

You are correct Bobbie I noticed that as well when I first saw the list, rule 8 clearly states that you cannot be nominated more than once in the same category. I don't understand why this is happening. Again it has nothing to do with the artist it's the judging itself.

8. You may submit as many entries as you wish in each category, but only one entry from any one artist or manufacturer can
be nominated in any one category. (A) An artist may receive nominations for both an individual entry and a collaboration
within the same category. (B) Per rule 3, each teddy bear and/or ―friend‖ can only be entered once.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I saw this too right away.  I think we talked about it last with the Golden Teddies.  I don't understand it.  Although the winners are very worthy, to me it just looks unprofessional of the magazine when they state a rule and then break it. 

Joanne

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Thx guys for the affirmations. I hate going out-on-a-limb and look like a rabble-rouser, but the mags have been so wishy-washy about so many of their own rules in the past decade:
- against plain backgrounds and then entries are chosen photographed outdoors in the grass...
- an entry in only one category (I did bring this one up directly with Mindy once, as a polar bear was once sent in as a single and as one of a trio just as Shane stated in that Rule: (B) Per rule 3, each teddy bear and/or ― friend can only be entered once.)

Are they so afraid of offending entrants that they'll accept anything? This really ticks a lot of us off, and it's why many of us, who had always worked so hard to make certain that our entries DID conform to every single guideline, even sacrificing some of the features we'd've liked to've included or promoted better - no longer bother.

Kicking over my soapbox now - Carry on!

Waterloo, Ontario

I agree Bobbie, why have rules if they themselves are not gonna follow them.  If I remember correctly a few yrs ago Judi Paul mentioned that she had two bears selected by the judges in one category and they realized their mistake and had to choose between the two and then remove the other one. This of course happened prior to the nominations, but Mindy mentioned it to Judi when she called her to tell her about her nomination .

Board footer