Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi All,
        I am making a 12 inch bear I have only started his face and so far this is the largest bear and the first bear with a head gusset that I have done.
I have completed the head, embroidered the nose, put the eyes in and sewn on the ears but....... He is looking more like a mouse than a bear.

So please: What is the difference between a mouse and a bear? What I mean is if I were trying to make a mouse how would it differ from a bear?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'd say a mouse has a very pointy snout and big round ears. Her eyes might also be more on the sides of her head, like a rabbit's. bear_flower

Becky

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

The shape of the gusset may be the problem.  A mouse has a very triangular head, while a bear has more of a distinct step in the shape of the face - not sure if I'm making this very clear.  A teddy's muzzle usual has a distinctive step where it joins the face.

Also, the position of the eyes can have an effect.  I was once given a bear with a triangular shape gusset and the eyes set too high - I'd have said it was a mouse or rat if I hadn't been told it was meant to be a bear.

cheers,
G

Board footer