Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Karon Posts: 751

Hi all,

My dear little grand-daughter Hanna was born on the 19th and I collected my puppy on the 17th.

As most of you know I lost contact with my daughter for a few years but have made contact again through Facebook.  It has been lovely getting to know her again via: the Internet but pretty sensitive as you can imagine.  Last week I got the nicest thing possible - a card from Emma recording the details of Hanna (weight and everything) addressed "To Mum" - I cried I can tell you - I have waited a year for that!

Jamie ... well ... Jamie has to be the most demanding puppy out.  He yelled, screamed amd yapped for three nights on the trot, screams when I leave him, is a really live wire like a tornado around the house.  He is also very cuddly and affectionate and a "people magnet".  Housetraining is slow but we are getting there (not his fault really, as he lived a flat before, and they just used to have a mop and bucket ready to clean up after him).  At the moment I feel my canine baby is as hard work as a human one.

Had to laugh, a few days ago I wondered if I wasn't very well - keep dropping off to sleep at a moments notice  :crackup: then I remembered - extra walking, ball throwing, tug of war (in my quest to get a good nights sleep).

Went to the doctors for my 6 monthly blood pressure check - lower reading 76 - at my worst a couple of years ago it was 103!!! Jamie must be doing something for me.

Please don't think I'm moaning though - he is adorable  bear_wub  and even when he is naughty with that cute little puggy face its hard to be annoyed for too long! :crackup:

Karon

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for all the happy news, Karon! My best to you and your family. bear_flower

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Congratulations Karon on the dog baby and grandbaby.  Keep us posted on the puppy's progress, and maybe some pictures would be nice.

Joanne

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Oh happy day. what a great month for you.  So glad to hear about your Granddaughter, Hanna, lovely name by the way.  I am glad that you and your daughter have come to a little understanding and are communicating.  As for Jaime, yes they are a lot of work, and you will be tired as could be, just like having another child.  I think I must be out of my mind for having 2, but they are my world and I spent some time yesteday doing my pooper scooper chore.  All around the yard I go and pick it up.  I laugh at myself and can't believe that I am doing this, I should have gotten a cat!!
But back to you, Congradulations on both new arrivals, and I wish for a bright future on both counts.  Pics please.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

It's so great to read your good news, Karon.  bear_thumb
I can imagine that the puppy must be quite a handful, but at least he's keeping you young and in shape!  bear_laugh
Fancy you becoming a grandmum and puppy-mum at almost the same time.

Maybe one day Hanna can come and play with Jamie...  :dance:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats all round!  Fancy that dog wearing you out though...  bear_happy

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Awww its lovely to hear your good news Karon.   It was so touching to read about Emma's announcement of Hanna.  I am sure little Hanna will help build some more bridges for you.  Jamie sounds like a little tinker, keeping you well occupied, but such a great companion for you.  Alls well in the Karon household and I'm thrilled for you xxx

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Lovely to hear your positive news Karon, really pleased for you  bear_thumb

Have you any photos of the new pup?

Hugs

Lisa x

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Karen I am very happy for you.

Board footer