Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Ok I'm going to try and keep my frustrations to a min on this  bear_wacko  bear_wacko .  I have wasted over two hours trying to add an email button to my blod. OMG I am ready to rip someones face off at google.  You can't get any help, anytime you search for help it totally sends you in the opposite direction you want, you never get anything even remotely close that helps. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I even went to the internet and found a great tutorial for adding an email button and even downloaded a lovely email button.  The tutorial is for blogspot (which is what I am using)  but but I can't follow the directions as nothing on my blog comes up even looking anything close to the tutorial. I can't seem to add a gadget unless I want to make money or sell something on Amazon or post something on YouTube. Then I'm told to add the image to my widgets, well guess what I don't have any widgets so how the h*** do you  find widgets or gadgets and add them to your flippin blog. 

I'm sorry I am  ready to jump off a bridge at any moment , I can't remember the last time being this frustrated over a stupid program that is as useless as tits on a bull.

Ok gonna go and have a major drink now maybe two. But if you visit my blog and wanna email well guess what you can't  bear_grin  bear_grin .

Sorry but I needed to vent (still don't feel any better)

bear hugs

Shane

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Oh Shane ........  sorry, but I laughed and laughed when I read your post!!!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

You poor thing, but I know just how you are feeling!!!  I've had a few similar situations like yours recently and it makes you want to pull your hair out doesn't it!  I could almost feel your tension through your post, and I bet you were saying it out loud as you were typing.. :crackup:  :crackup:
Hopefully, you haven't strangled anyone yet but I do hope you soon find the solution to your problem and can laugh about it yourself!!  Bye the way, loved the expression about the bull .. :crackup:

Sorry if I've annoyed you by not being helpful! ... bear_grin

Good luck!!

Hugs

Marilyn

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Okay, breath!  Aaaaaaaan relax.

Now, you do have widgets, but just left me check to start with, are you trying to add a button to the side column or to the body of your blog so that it appears under each post?  e-mail me and I'll talk you through it all anyway   bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Just in case Katy has not helped you yet.  Use add a gadget on your sidebar, you have already added things, so it is there.  Go to add picture, add your email icon.  Where it says link to, get rid of the http and add mailto: and then your email address.  That is the way I did mine and it works. 

Joanne

Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Joanne,  when you say add a picture do you mean just a though I was doing a regular post?   The way you are explaining it is exactly how the tutorial was describing how to do it. But it was never mentioned how it was actually done. I want to add a permanent email button on my sidebar. 

I am not as frustrated today LOL, I am feeling better and no longer ready to jump off a bridge LOL.

Thanks and hugs

Shane

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Okay, so, don't e-mail me then  bear_laugh

I don't know what version of the Blogger Dashboard you're using, but if you're on the old version, click on the Design link for your blog which will be under your blog name.  In the new version click on the drop down button between the orange pencil button and the View Blog button, then select Layout.

Now you should see a screen where it has wee boxes on it with things like 'Favicon', 'Navbar', 'Header', 'Blog Posts' and then a column on the right with 'About Me', 'Followers' etc.  At the top of that column on the right, you should have a little link that says 'Add A Gadget'.  Click on that.

In the pop up that has appeared, scroll down til you see the option that says 'Picture'.  Put in a Title of 'E-mail me' or something like that, it's what will appear above the button.  Then put the same in the Caption field, that's what you'll see when you hover over the button.  In the Link field, delete the 'http:/' and type in 'mailto: YOUREMAIL ADDRESS'. For the image, choose the file from wherever you saved it on your computer, and check the Shrink to Fit box.

Click on Save.

It will automatically appear at the top of the column on the right, but you can drag and drop all those elements within the column to wherever you like, then click on 'Save' or 'Save Arrangement' (depending on the dashboard version you're using).

You're done!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
Little Bear Guy wrote:

Hi Joanne,  when you say add a picture do you mean just a though I was doing a regular post?   The way you are explaining it is exactly how the tutorial was describing how to do it. But it was never mentioned how it was actually done. I want to add a permanent email button on my sidebar. 

I am not as frustrated today LOL, I am feeling better and no longer ready to jump off a bridge LOL.

Thanks and hugs

Shane

Like Katy says here, you are not going to "write a post," you are going to go to the "layout" section.  There you will see the layout of your blog in little s rectangles with columns. The "add a gadget is there"

Waterloo, Ontario

WOW  could they have made that any more confusing. Thanks Katy and Joanne, that was so painful for me let me tell you.  Just to add a simple little button.   The tutorial was so vague and of course you can't get any help from blogspot.

Thanks again, at least people can email me easier this way.

big hugs

Shane

Board footer