Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

susana fung hong kong

Hello,
There are many wonderful sharing on tips of dyeing fabric for bears.
But can anyone tell me how you prepare instruction for customer to care their hand dye (mohair, alpaca) bears?
What is it about?
Please suggest bear_original
susana

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have never prepared a special label for fabric I have dyed myself.  To me it should be treated as any other fabric.  It is all dyed somewhere after all.  I would hope that the bear would not be thrown into the washer which would be the only thing I would think of that would possibly wash some of the dye out.

I usually use Rit dye.  I have had curtains dyed from Rit hanging in my daughters bedroom in an east facing window for about 8 years, there was very minimal fading. I am not too worried about fabric I have dyed with it fading away.

Do others prepare special tags with care instructions?

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I don't prepare any special handling instructions because, like Joanne, I don't think there are any!  I've used Rit dye, coffee, tea, Kool-aid, and watered down ink and acrylic.  I've never had any fading problems.

susana fung hong kong

i am experimenting the Kool-aid, good news the color last long, thanks Thelma.
sounds worth investing for the Rit dye and again appreciate your valuable sharing, Joanne.

just based on my recent observation on a fashion label and a soft doll label made in France, they do have a hang tag description on colorfastness in related to their hand dye product.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

That is probably because garments are going to be washed. Teddy bears are not going to be washed like that.  At least I hope not.

Board footer