Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Paisley Posts: 1

7271411288_2a7f228581_m.jpg

This little teddy is Paisley Bear and I am trying to track down his origins. This photo is taken from when I received him around 1996/7, all I know is that he was bought in Northern Ireland by my relatives. I do know that during my early childhood, probably in the immediate few years after I received him, we saw another one in a local café (Kent) which indicates to me that they were probably produced in some number at least.

Unfortunately his label came off many years ago so I cannot identify him by those means and pictures of him when he was very young are limited. He is approximately 12” tall by 10” with arms outstretched at the moment and was probably slightly taller with all his fur by the looks of the early pictures of him. He’s very well worn now and has been patched up several times, especially with the tan coloured fur which is a lot thinner.

Looking online I have found bears that are very similar with the red, yellow, green and blue bodies and ears with the blue and red ribbon around the neck however none are the same bear, I do believe this basic colour pattern is quite common though. This is an example of one but with separate hands and no colours on the feet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Teddy-Bea … 1e6d9044bc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Board footer