Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kimboycethomas Posts: 25

Hello - I have been staring at my Boston Terrier for some time to try to figure out how I can make her jowls out of mohair.  Any ideas on how to make a pattern for this?

K . Thomas

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I suspect you're just going to have to give it a go, and lots of trial and error..

kimboycethomas Posts: 25

Thanks Karen!  Maybe if I had your talent it would be easier.  I will give it a shot!  Kim

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Aww that's so kind of you.. I don't have the talent to think so far outside the box for the jowls tho lol... I can understand your asking, because it's something I've often wondered.
     Good luck with it, please share pics of your finished bulldog when you get it done (sending you positive vibes there, when, not if!)

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi there
To create flews that hang down:

Create a 'skull' in cotton - a standard head shape. Stuff and joint
Create a cover for the head in mohair - not including the muzzle
For the muzzle, create the flews - line the flews with mohair outer and flesh coloured inner - possibly in ultrasuede or wool felt. 
Create a lower jaw - again mohair outer and flesh coloured inner.
Assemble jaw, muzzle and head cover - stitching jaw, muzzle and cover to the cotton skull and each other with small invisible stitches
(You may want to wire the jaw into the 'skull')

Hope this helps.

Board footer