Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

Hello!
   I have a charlie bear and her mouth is stitched on a bit crooked.  I can't figure out where they tacked the mouth so I can undo it and restitch it in the right place.  I'm worried about cutting the threads in case they are part of the nose stitching.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to straighten her mouth without doing damage to anything else?

Thanks!!
Shanna

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Shanna, I don't know how this bear is made, but I would tie off the thread ends of the mouth then cut the extra thread near the knot. If the knots are visible you can gently push them into the fabric. You can create the new mouth, now, and black embroidery thread is probably perfect for the job. Most artists would tie off the nose before starting the mouth but I don't know about a manufactured bear?
P.S. I just found Charlie bear online and it appears you might be able to just cut the two ends of the mouth take the threads and tie them at the center/end of the thread coming down from the nose. Sometimes if you give a little tug you can tell where the thread is going without having to open the bear. If the corners of the mouth are attached to the nose, when you pull them you will see the nose move. If nothing happens it probably means the ends of the mouth are tied off and they won't affect the nose when you cut them.

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

Thanks so much!  I think I'm a little confused at what you are suggesting.  I would cut the treads at the end of each side of the mouth and then would I tied them together?  Would I just try and bury this knot?  What if this left the tread coming down from the nose loose?  I think I'm just a little confused at what you are suggesting, but I really want to try it.  Could you try describing it again?  I really appreciate your response!

Shanna

Board footer