Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

If so, what do you use for it? I was thinking of trying black nail gel.
Have any of you some experience with the gel?
I just got the gel today, so when I find the time to try it, I will do some experience with it.
Please let me know, if you have tried it.
Thank you.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Birgitte, I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean larger pupils in glass eyes that have the black pupil and then a coloured iris?

Denmark

Yes, that is what I mean - sorry for not explaining it right  bear_ermm

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think this is difficult as the pupil is actually a separate glass bead in the centre of the eye to which the loop is attached.. I have tried it but you always get a light coloured line  where the original pupil is set.
There are some plastic eyes with larger pupils available and doll eyes can come with big pupils.
You could also try the blanks that taxidermy suppliers  do...I would use enamel paint on these...
Then it's a matter of attaching  the eyes...which if they are acrylic you can make little holes on the edges with a red hot needle and then attach thread to it..

Denmark

Thank you for the adwice, Jenny. I didn't think of the separate bead in the pupil.
Maybe I should go for the taxidermy eyes. Do you got a link for a good supplyer?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There are suppliers on eBay....and I think Van Dykes is a name that springs to mind.
The other thing that I read is that you could try , if you have a steady hand to paint black glass paint on the 'wrong' side of the eye...ie on the front...not sure but might be worth a try.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website
Pijangibears wrote:

Yes, that is what I mean - sorry for not explaining it right  :/

Brigitte, not your fault. It was well explained, but I never thought of this as I almost always use black eyes!  bear_original

Denmark

The taxitermy eyes are very expencive  :cry:
I will think out something else.
Thank you for your help, Jenny

Francy - its okay  bear_thumb

Board footer