Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Could be a carnival Teddy, one you win on a carnival or amusement park midway.

There were and still are hundreds of companies that pop in and out of business, making prizes for carnivals.

As such, his provenance is more related to where and when he was won.  What amusement park?  What game did you win?  Who did you give the Bear to when you won it?  For instance, if a guy and his girlfriend was on the boardwalk at Atlantic City when he threw a baseball to knock over the milk bottles then gave the Bear to his girl and they were married shortly thereafter, this would be a very important Teddy Bear!  Wouldn't he?  :)

For a Bear like this, his story is key.  What can you tell us about him?

A date when he was received or some other estimate of his age would help, too.

iloveteddys Posts: 15
Us Bears wrote:

Could be a carnival Teddy, one you win on a carnival or amusement park midway.

There were and still are hundreds of companies that pop in and out of business, making prizes for carnivals.

As such, his provenance is more related to where and when he was won.  What amusement park?  What game did you win?  Who did you give the Bear to when you won it?  For instance, if a guy and his girlfriend was on the boardwalk at Atlantic City when he threw a baseball to knock over the milk bottles then gave the Bear to his girl and they were married shortly thereafter, this would be a very important Teddy Bear!  Wouldn't he?  :)

For a Bear like this, his story is key.  What can you tell us about him?

A date when he was received or some other estimate of his age would help, too.

I wish I knew more about him. I bought him at a thrift store for five bucks! I named him Harold  bear_tongue

Us Bears Pennsylvania
iloveteddys wrote:

I bought him at a thrift store for five bucks! I named him Harold  :P

Well, then, every Bear has a story and that's Harold's story.

We have a lot of thrift store Bears living here.  Melanie's father used to be one to haunt thrift stores and places like that.  He would often bring home Bears and give them to her.  Most of them live on the stairs.

That's what we call them...  The Stair Bears.

Say hello to Harold for us!  bear_original

Board footer