Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

The announcement has been made for the Excellence in Bear Artistry Awards, 2012, and I am over the moon to say two of my bears have won Judges Choice in the Miniature Categories, Dressed and Undressed!  It's wonderful to see lots of familiar names and congratulations to everyone!  I'll post pictures of my bears later in the day.

2012 Judges Choices
We are very excited to announce all the artists who have been selected as the judges choice for each of the following categories. The overall standard was very high and for several of the categories there was very little between the scores. The public on-line voting will start from 1st Sept – 15th Oct 2012 when you will be able to see all the judges choices and then have the opportunity to vote for your favourites!
Miniature Bears 3.5” (9.5cm) and under
Dressed
Natascha Sabo -Lefty Bears, Germany
Ruth Bowman – Flutter-By Bears, UK
Brenda Power  -Duffyantiques, Canada

Undressed
Wendy Walker M.E. Bears – Australia
Brenda Power Duffyantiques – Canada
Maria Blee Blee Bears – UK

Bears 4” (10cm) – 12” (30cm)
Dressed
Ann-Marie Dodd – BearMe Too, Sweden
Elanor Andrews – Shantock Bears – UK
Sue Smith – Kesseys Bears, UK

Undressed
Paula Carter  – All Bear, UK
Lynn Bowie – Madabout Bears, UK
Ann-Marie Dodd – BearMe Too, Sweden

Bears 12.5” (31cm) – 18” (45cm)
Dressed
Katherine Hallam – Katie Rae Bears, UK
Chloe Johnson – Je Suis Lugly!,  UK
Cheryl Hutchinson – Bingle Bears, USA

Undressed
Kim Russell – Russell Bears, Australia
Yvonne Andrew – Bebbin Bears, UK
Jenny Johnson – Three O’Clock Bears, UK

Undressed Bears 18.5” (46cm) and above
Jenny Johnson – Three O’Clock Bears,  UK
Julie Shepherd – UK

Realistic Animals and Bears
Silke Borrmann – The Mountaineers , Germany
Jean & Bill Ashburner – Bear Bits, UK
Lisa Page – Arcas Designs, UK

Other Soft Sculptures
Shelly Allison – The Rabbit Maker, UK
Jenny Johnson – Three O’Clock Bears, UK
Elanor Andrews – Shantock Bears, UK

A Tableaux
Katherine Hallam – Katie Rae Bears, UK
Maria Collins – Puca Bears, Germany

The winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner of the Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event on Saturday 17th November 2012.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Wow! Wow!  What an impressive list of winners names.  Congratulations Brenda! And everyone else on this list!  Thanks so much for posting it.

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Congratulations Brenda!!

I have 2 nominations too: austin and Speedwell. I am Sooo happy about it!!!! :lol:

1346423397_austin9.jpg
1346423443_speedwell9.jpg

Hope to see more pictures soon from everyone!!!

Hugs
Ann-Marie

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Delighted to see the outcome of this fabulous new competition at last!  Congratulations to everyone who achieved a 2012 'Excellence in Bear Artistry Judges Choice Award'.  The panel of judges was of the highest calibre for these awards, so these successes are achievements to be very proud of!  A big thanks to Susan Davies for hosting and sponsoring these awards on behalf of the bear world.

And lastly, a little toot of my own horn for achieving my first ever award win for a Tiddler sized bear - I'm usually known for my big 'uns and designed my first small bear earlier this year, so was very surprised, not to mention thrilled, to hear my little 8" 'April Fool' has been honoured with an award in the 4" to 12" category!!!!

1346424040_excellenceinbearartistry201.jpg

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Wow! Congratulations to every one of you, I can't wait to see them all!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Congratulations to all my fellow nominees. I can't wait to see the pictures of your creations.
And here is mine, little Dodge. I'm really proud on this little bear.
He measures only 3.2" and has all the features that my bigger 4" bears have. As the miniature category in this competition was only for bears 3,5" and under, I decided to try a smaller bear and I'm really happy about the result and this nomination is a wonderful motivation to try more bears in this size.
O, and before I forget: Little Dodge was inspired by George Clooney in Leatherheads, maybe I should send him a little thank -you-card?
1346426413_tdodge.jpg

1346426763_tt2.jpgThis is Rufus Willoughby - a miniature undressed category bear     
1346426409_tt4.jpgThis is Sadie May- a miniature dressed category bear 

It's wonderful to see so many familiar names in the list of finalists.  Congratulations, everyone!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Big congrats to all - well done!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

I'll add mine ; also in the Miniature Dressed category - "Lilibet" is a 3" girl inspired by our very own Queen when she was a little girl!

1346428839_lilibet_smll.jpg

I'm so thrilled to have taken part in this great new competition. Congratulations Everybody!  bear_flower

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Fab work everyone. I am delighted to say I have 3 nominations..I will post in a while...I have been without a phone or broadband all day and I am catching up on emails!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks for posting the pictures everyone.  I love to see the winners, it means so much more than just the bears names.

warwickshire uk
Website

1346431064_starlasidecopy.jpg
Starla the Bunny

1346431123_dante4ttcopy.jpg
Dante...in the big bear section

1346431192_trulybearttcopy.jpg
Truly... in the medum sized bear section

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  All of these nominees are just stunning!  Congratulations to all of you so very talented folks - you rock!

WOW, these are just wonderful!!!

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

A huge congratulations to all the winners, they are stunning  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

I am soooo thrilled to see my Sierra included in the judge's choices, I am just walking on air right now.  All the entries look fabulous and my congratulations go out to everyone that entered. It's going to be so hard choosing a favourite in all the different categories.

Here is a quick photo of my entry:

1346491720_1474lynx.jpg

Regards

Lisa

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

All of the winners are stunning!  I'm thrilled that my Thaddeus was chosen to be among such company!

1346500765_thaddeus_with_award_smaller.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Congratulations to all of the winners....beautiful bears. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Didn't enter this year as I had too many work commitments but must find the time next year  bear_original

Sallyanne Sally Anne Bears
Lincoln
Website

Congratulations to everyone

Sandra x

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Huge congratulations to everyone.  Your creations are stunning!  bear_thumb

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

What a gorgeous selection of beautiful creations!  Many congratulations to you, very well deserved!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs

Marilyn x bear_flower

mebears M. E. Bears And Critters
Brisbane, Queensland
Website

I am also excited to have "Macen" nominated amongst all these wonderful creations in the 2012 Excellence in Bear Artistry Awards.  Good luck to everyone else - you ALL deserve to win, but just to be nominated is pretty exciting!
1346634165_macen_f.jpg
1346634495_macen-close-web.jpg
HUGS Wendy xxx  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

warwickshire uk
Website

All the work is truly outstanding ....and I am sure there were lots of bears who were not picked that were equally impressive.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats to all!

Board footer