Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

anaarm Posts: 4

Hello everybody  bear_original

I've had this teddy bear since I was 5 and I'm 17 now. He's gotten me though some very rough times  bear_wub  Now here's the thing, I can't seem to find where to buy another one anywhere! My mom got me the bear after I was involved in a car accident. Well now she's very sick bear_cry and I'm desperately trying to find where I can buy her a teddy bear just like the one I have, since it's always been something we've bonded over and she said she wanted one of her own.

My teddy bear doesn't have a tag, I don't know if he ever did, so I can't tell you what company he was made by. However, I can tell you that he's white with a white ribbon around his neck. He has pink cursive writing on his belly that says "teddy" and he's unjointed. He has plastic eyes and beanies in his feet and the tips of his hands  bear_grin  He's roughly 19 inches tall. He has pink and green thread over his nose (mostly pink, the green is hard to see) and I know that there is purple fabric under that thread because some of the thread has come off of mine.  bear_happy  He's not very fuzzy. He has fur but it's very, very short. I believe he is stuffed with polyester.

The only other thing I could tell you is that I know this same teddy bear also comes in green, blue, and pink. Maybe other colors too but I couldn't be sure. I believe she got him in a place like walmart or walgreens or kmart maybe. At any rate, I believes he's a mass manufactured bear and that's why I can't believe it's been so hard for me to find another one online.

If anybody could help that would be very much appreciated.   bear_original

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

It's hard to identify a bear from verbal description alone.....can you post a link to a picture of him?

Picture

Sorry  bear_wacko  I had to figure out how to get a picture up. This is my bear and I'm looking for one just like him but he doesn't necessarily have to be white.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

He definitely looks like an "off-brand" bear....hard to say who might have made him, since bears like this are done by practically nameless chinese factories, and marketed under many brand names that go in and out of existence.

One option though, is that since he's a very simple design, you could have one of the many artists here make a replica of him (including the embroidery)- it would be much more expensive, but if it means that much it might be worth it.

Good Luck bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

He looks like a baby bear I have seen at Hallmark in the baby section.  Perhaps the best idea is to have someone make a copy of him...

Thank you both so vary much. I never even thought of having someone make a replica. I will definitely look into that!  bear_smile

Board footer