Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Miser Miser Bears

Hello folks!

Id like your recommendations for teddy making books! I have the encyclopedia of bear making which is really great for a step by step guide. I have heard marvelous things about 101 bears to make by Nancy Tillberg, but its so expensive, i can only find it for a minimum of £100. Is there a similar book you could recommend? Thanks!  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Nancy's book is now available on CD: http://www.etsy.com/listing/92329064/10 … h_type=all

There are many other excellent titles, and some are readily available online. The two books by Jennifer Laing are perennial favorites as is Ted Menten's Teddy Bear Studio. (Have you tried using the search function here to being up old threads on the topic? That might be useful as well.)

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Nancy Tillberg has reissued 101 Bears to Make in an ebook edition.  It is $24.95. It is a very good helpful book, as are the ones Becky has mentioned,  especially Teddy Bear Art by Jennifer Laing.  Amazon has that one for $24.95 used.
Here is a link to Nancy's book. http://www.kranbearys.com/books.html

Miser Miser Bears

Thanks for the reply's! Is the e-book easy to use? I dont have a printer or anything  bear_wacko

Bloomsburg, PA

It is nice to have a printer with an ebook, that way you can print what you need at the time.  But all the info will be there on your computer to refer to.  That is a very nice thing.  Nancy is very nice, why don't you email her and ask her how it all works.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Just to clarify - Both links (from me and from Joanne) are for the same thing. It's a CD that you read on your computer.

And Joanne is right - Just send an email to Nancy if you have any questions. She's sure to be helpful.

Becky

Miser Miser Bears

I couldn't send her an email, she's famous! Im far too shy  bear_wacko

Bloomsburg, PA

She is here visiting from time to time, maybe she will add something here.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Nancy's book is fantastic!!!  But the one that I got the most help from when I was first designing my patterns (and I still refer to!) is Teddy Bear Art by Jennifer Laing, as Joanne said.  I have notes in the margins and the text that is important for me highlighted!  I feel you can never have too many books and I still accumulate them whenever I find one I don't have, but Teddy Bear Art for me was the first place to start!

Board footer