Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hello Ladies
Can anyone help with a standing Polar Bear Pattern i would be very greatful

Thankyou Paula

marcie Posts: 20

dear fellow ted lovers, I am new to both sewing and computers so please excuse any mistakes in the same way as my hubby does  she's bonkers (bi polar) anyway so it doesnt really matter .  would it be possible for one to make a bear with felt and glue....I used to sew 30 odd years ago I don't mind a bit of hand sewing, but sewing machines are out of my league. MarcieX

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
marcie wrote:

would it be possible for one to make a bear with felt and glue

Felt can make a great bear (Steiff was originally a felt toy company before they developed plush fabric), but I'm afraid that glue wouldn't be very strong - either for turning the pieces or for stuffing or for handling the finished bear. (You could certainly try a head or an arm and see how it went.)

Many bearmakers only use hand sewing. I think they tend not to make huge bears, but sewing a bear by hand doesn't take forever, and it has some advantages (in terms of control) over machine sewing.

Becky

blackpearl Posts: 1

Hello Lady s my name is KC  i am a new person here for the first time and looking around the site and getting to know it, I love making things, I have made a lot in past, Can any one help me were i find the Free patterns here.  I just love all of this that is made here.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
blackpearl wrote:

my name is KC  i am a new person here for the first time and looking around the site and getting to know it, I love making things, I have made a lot in past, Can any one help me were i find the Free patterns here.

Welcome to Teddy Talk, KC! You can find the free pattern from Sue Ann Holcomb (Goldie pattern) in this section as a "sticky" (permanent thread, about the fifth one down the list). You can also read through other threads in this section and find links and a few other free patterns that people have posted and shared.

Becky

Board footer