Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Traceyann Posts: 16

Just wondering how you all get your bears to stay nicely combed/fluffed .....do u re comb/fluff each time you hug it or is there a trick to getting the fur to stay put ?

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I'm OCD about mine.....after I'm done cuddling a bear, he gets carefully brushed and teased out.

method depends on the bear....if he's softly stuffed usually slicking the fur down and then giving him a quick shake will make him nice and fluffy again, but hard stuffed bears are a bit more work. I slick them down with a soft plastic bristle brush, then use a steel bristle slicker brush to flick the fur up straight, which has to be done 1/2 inch at a time to make it look right.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I am constantly fluffing and combing the fur? I use a dog comb to get the fur fluffed out.  If you have a long pile fur, you can mist it with water and fluff out or comb the fur in the direction you want it to go. some people use an alcohol-free moose to style the fur of their bears.

Board footer