Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Sharpay1126@yahoo.com Posts: 4

Hi I'm Lauren and I'm new here! bear_original I recently ordered a 16" Daekor bear off ebay but just read about the recall in 1980 I think it was about some of the bears having wires in the stuffing. My question is how will I know if my bear is one that was recalled?? Now I'm worried. I've wanted this bear for a long time and now I'm scared I will have to throw him out or something. bear_sad any one have any advice?

Thanks!
Lauren

Traceyann Posts: 16

personally, I would keep it....I know this sounds irresponsible....but as long as its not going to be held by children....i think it would gather value in time !

Yeah I'm so hoping he's not bc I got him to hug and cuddle with bc I am a cuddler with my stuffed animals.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I must admit that I hadn't heard of "Daekor" bears before, but from the pictures I have found on the internet, they look like they were made for children.
So my guess is that they were recalled because of the dangers for children, like Traceyann mentioned.
If you love this bear, there is no reason why you shouldn't keep him, as long as you keep him out of reach from children.
After all, lots of artist bears have wires as armatures and you wouldn't throw them out.  bear_happy

I wont throw him out. bear_original Could I still try to cuddle with him?

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Sharpay1126@yahoo.com wrote:

I wont throw him out. bear_original Could I still try to cuddle with him?

I'd be gentle with him, but of course you can cuddle him!  What are teddy bears for??  bear_happy

Board footer