Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

LitWit Posts: 298

I came to the shocking realization recently that none of my twenty-odd bears is really Snuggly enough. I'm still in "mourning" for my poor, dilapidated mink bear, and have been trying in vain to find a suitable replacement to sleep with. Even my alpaca bear just doesn't seem right- not big enough or squishy enough.  bear_noexpression So I tried to make myself a bear out of mouton, but the thick leather makes him a little stiffer than I wanted. As a last resort, I turned to ebay, and found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teddy-Bear-30-i … true&rt=nc

bear_wub

He looks like he'll do the job nicely: plenty big, and nicely squishy. And not to mention the fact that he looked awfully familiar on first sight, awfully good quality, so I asked the seller and it turns out that he was made by Avanti! Merry Christmas to me!  ;)

Edited to remove ipad-generated typos. bear_ermm

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Aww..what a big softie! bear_wub

Becky

Miser Miser Bears

Wow thats a lovely bear, nice bargain  bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

He is adorable, and will certainly be a very good cuddler.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

He's an Avanti bear, yes, he'll be very soft and high quality...these are somewhat rare and collectible.

I've seen the sleeping brown bear by Avanti quite a bit lately- it was all I could do not to buy him, but I'm in the middle of making a sleeping bear myself, and just couldn't bring myself to do it.

As for Mr. Snuggles, he even looks soft in the picture; I'm itching to get ahold of him.  bear_tongue Right now I'm making do with an antique dog made from rex rabbit (shhh, don't tell the bears!), and while he's definitely better than nothing, I'll be happy when I've got something that's not so firmly stuffed.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I'm sure Mr Snuggles will be very comfortable in your bed!  bear_smile

Thanks, Peter.  bear_original "Mr. Snuggles" is just a working title- I don't think I'll actually end up calling him that. Actually, I was thinking before you posted that he looks a lot like a "Peter."  bear_tongue

Board footer