Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Traceyann Posts: 16

Hi all, I have just got my hands on ( and can get more ) a massive bag of Alpaca fleece....not spun just shawn off ....any ideas what I can use it for? ....Its incredibly soft !

Can i needle felt with it ?

Ok ....I just read that I can needle felt with this alpaca wool....anyone give me any tips on using it ? bear_tongue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

If it's been washed, you can use it for stuffing.

Becky

unfortunately no it hasnt been washed.....I am starting to do that now....its straight off the animal, as I girl who I live near, her parents own alpacas

BeeBears BeeBears
Guben
Website

Oh you can use Alpaca fleece for lots of things - did you ever try drop spinning?
I enclose a link to a wonderful website with tons of information about Alpacas:

Everything you ever wanted to know about Alpacas bear_thumb

Take a bit time to look around...

Have fun, I am looking forward to use my spinning wheel again...

Sabine

Thankyou for the link Sabine....I will definately have a good look at that site !

HLB Woolly Bears
Devon - UK

You can felt it, its quite soft!  Or you could wet felt it, although it would be better if you can card it (you can use wire dog combs), or combe it with a close pronged combe, like a horse mane combe!

It felts very nice and is so soft... Dont wast it of stuffing, its too expensive for that!!

Have fun, i also get alpaca fleece and i have a lot of fun with it.  ENJOY

CraftingDreams Posts: 29
Website

Oh, I use alpaca fleece for making doll wigs, but you need to wash and comb it witch much care.
And of course it can be felted!!  bear_wub

Board footer