Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

It's been awhile since a challenge was posted.  How about a panda challenge?  Teddy pandas don't have to be just black and white.   They can be realistic, or fanciful in colors and styles.  How about starting the new year with a panda challenge?  Let's discuss this one.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Sounds like fun, Gail, and a panda is on my list of things to try. bear_original

I wouldn't be able to reveal Mr. or Ms. panda until mid-March, however, since I'm stocking up bears for the next Teddies Worldwide online show. I guess that just means I might be a bit later than others,

Becky

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

Sounds interesting! bear_original

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

I'de love to !!! Count me in!!! bear_original

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

A panda is also in my 'things to do list'. If the deadline is not too close, count me in as well! bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

If I can get well enough to finish the girl I am working on I would love to be part of the Panda project....Lenora

Long Beach, CA

Shall we try to finish our pandas by April 30, 2013?  We could post pictures of the pandas in the Showcase gallery.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That sounds great, Gail!

I'm planning to use faux fur, which is a little outside my comfort zone, and I'll aim for a design that looks distinct enough from my other bears--and enough like a panda--to pass inspection! bear_laugh

What do other people have in mind?

Becky

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

April the 30th is fine with me! I'll add little 'panda' to my 'to do' list! bear_original  bear_original

Missouri
Website

Oh, I hope I can do one.  I have never done a panda....Lenora

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I haven't made a panda in absolutely ages, so this might just be enough to inspire me, thanks!

Long Beach, CA

I haven't made a panda in awhile, either.  The hardest choice for me will be the colors--traditional black and white or something more colorful, maybe lavender and cream?   I will try to find some good pictures of pandas and post them here to inspire us.  This is, of course, in addition to the Cute Animal Pic of the Day.

teeeej Brisbane

I am working on a pattern at the moment and I think I will turn it into a panda for this challenge. bear_smile

cherylsbears cherylsbears
Michigan

I would like to give a panda a try too!  I am off of work with a broken foot and am working on quilts, and you know how that is.  I'd rather make a bear, so I guess its off to the drawing board!!  I cant say its going to be a black and white Panda tho' I have lots of mohair in different shades but black is not in there....I am not up to dyeing right now.  bear_grin

Long Beach, CA

bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub

1359517195_panda_1.jpg

Long Beach, CA

bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub

1359602111_panda_3.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Loving the inspiration, Gail! bear_original

Becky

Ursa Major Creations Posts: 28

I would love to be included in the challenge.This will be the first panda and challenge for me.

Long Beach, CA

1360212840_panda_9.jpg

Long Beach, CA

1361250849_adorable_panda.jpg

Missouri
Website

Well, like I said...illness. I got worse and just got out of the hospital Sunday.  I am still going to try though.  lenora

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Get well soon, Lenora! bear_flower

Becky

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Lenora, I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery! Hugs bear_flower

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

I am new here but I would love to be included in this challenge. I needle felt teddy bears and some mice but I have never made a panda. I can't decide whether to do a traditional color pattern or a something colorful. I will be posting a couple of my creations this weekend- I had to wait for my new camera to come in. Thank you!  bear_flower

Long Beach, CA

bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub

1362293877_panda11.jpg

Some pandas for inspiration!

Board footer