Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

new-ted.jpgThis is my first from a new design.  Although he reminds me a bit of Winnie the Pooh, this wasnt what I intended.  My "inspiration" was Chiltern's hugmee bears of the 1950's to 1960's (my favourites).

A friend has now asked me to make her a cat--a life size one, if you please!!!  I know nothing about designing cats--does anyone know where I can get a suitable pattern?

Helen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Your little bear is wonderful! Pooh is an adorable bear, and this little one has some characteristics of Pooh. I think it is the chubby little body and sweet little face you have created! Great job! I am sorry I can't help out with the kitty  cat pattern. bear_cry

Many Hugs Louise

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Arrrgggggghhhhhhh - not a life sized cat Helen !!!! See my posting in the general discussion forum today called 'Going quietly nuts' - be afraid be very afraid Helen  bear_shocked   bear_tongue

Penny - lovely bear by the way Helen  bear_wub   :hug:

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

I'm gonna read it now Penny.  I'm very afraid too!!! I understand teddy bears-----but cats?? 

Helen

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Helen,
Check out Lisa Pay's cat patterns.  I know of two that she has that look pretty good.  The one lying down (I think it is Sassy) should be life size or close to it.  I sell her patterns here in the US so if you don't find them locally, I can get one to you.
Donna

Pipa UK

good luck with your cat Helen !!! your bear is adorable!   bear_wub

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Donna------Sassy is just what I am looking for, although I'll use a different fur.  I have just managed to order a pattern!!  Many thanks for the advice.

Helen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Aww Helen - I like!!   I like a LOT!!!!  :dance:

I have a Chiltern Hugmee, and I can see where you're coming from - well done!!!  (My Chiltern is my favourite, but don't tell the others, they'll get jealous!!)

Good luck with the cat!!  bear_original

Board footer