Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shiftkitty Posts: 2

My husband has two teddy bears from way back when. He doesn't care about how much they're worth because after all these years he's not going to be parting with either of them! What we're hoping to learn is who made them and any information that can be found. This bear is Mr. Tubby and he took him everywhere. He's what we like to call "well-loved"...

Here is the first picture from back in 1980, shortly after he got him for Christmas:

p92489476.jpg

Here is Mr. Tubby today, after a lifetime of being used as a pillow, confidante, brother-smacker, etc:

mrtubbyfront.jpg

Here he is from behind:

mrtubbybackandlightspot.jpg

Any information you can give us on who made him would be helpful. Even his "butt tag" is illegible! Thanks in advance!

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

He's a Daekor "pot belly" bear....his nose would have been hard plastic and locked in like an eye, his mouth was stiched. Both would be easy to replace.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

my daughter has Mr. Tubby, she called him Tubby Bear. Still has him, and still loves him.....Her's was missing an eye when she got him, only added to his charm.

Ellen

Shiftkitty Posts: 2

Well! So Mr. Tubby's mysterious past has finally been revealed! Thanks a bunch, guys! I gotta tell you, he's an easy bear to fall in love with. When we first moved in together and he unpacked Mr. Tubby, I couldn't resist picking him up and giving him a big hug! He's hoping to get him restored some day, but right now money is being diverted to stupid things like paying down bills, buying gas for the cars, and other annoying things like that.

As I said, there's a second bear, much smaller, that we have to take pictures of yet. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Thanks again! bear_thumb

Board footer