Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

I received the news tonight that Georgette Thomas long time owner of the Hugging Bear Inn in Chester, Vermont
Is ill with late stage pancreatic cancer. Her family says she is not up to phone calls or visits but that cards would be greatly appreciated. To  all of us who know and love her this is devasting news. Her warmth and humor and vivacious personality have long made trips to Chester special events. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. For the address you can google Hugging Bear Inne and Shoppe.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't know Georgette, but know of the Hugging Bear Inn.  I'm sorry for her diagnosis and wish her and her family peace and comfort.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

It's always sad to hear such news, even if I didn't know Georgette personally.  :|
I had a look at the website and the inn looks such a wonderful place to stay.   :rose:
Sending big hugs and lots of strenght to Georgette and her family.

eeyore13 Posts: 120

I have never met her personally but know her from Facebook.

Sending prayers and thoughts to her and her family at this difficult time xxxx

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

My bears and I have stayed at Hugging Bear , only spoke to Georgette a few times briefly, but she is a wonderful person, and I enjoyed my stay in her wonderful B&B (it's the only hotel I've ever stayed in where no one looked at me funny for hanging out in the lobby with my bears ) All my teds and I will be sending her our positive thoughts, I hope that her remaining days are comfortable and peacful, and I hope that her family preserves and continues the legacy she created in the Inn.

Board footer