Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

HLB Woolly Bears
Devon - UK

Hello, i havent put up any of my work before, and its been a long time since i have made a teddy bear.

This is Toby, he brought me SO much joy to make, i just loved every minute of it - although he has taken me months, what with set backs in my job etc!

He is 100% needle felted, and other than his little cotton stitched nose, and his glass eyes, he is ALL wool.  Sadly he is not positionable, so his pose, is his pose.

I now have him on ebay for sale, although he is so cute and i have kind of got used to him sitting watching me work on other things... I shall miss this adorable little guy bear_cry  but you can find his advert here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0918114036

Hope you enjoy looking at him xx

1361045650_needle_felted_bear_hayey_l_bishop5.jpg

1361046162_needle_felted_bear_hayey_l_bishop2.jpg

1361046212_needle__felted_bear_hayley_l_bishop1.jpg

1361046292_needle_felted_bear_hayey_l_bishop3.jpg

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

He's just beautiful!!!!! Love him!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

LittleButtonMeadow Button Meadow Bears
Devon
Website

He is fab! He looks really cuddly bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I can imagine that he brought you a lot of joy, Hayley; he is really special.  An unusual pattern, but it really works: he's adorable!  bear_wub

Conni Germany

Adorable!
Many hours work have been worthwhile! A lot of luck at his auction!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's lovely - I really like his relaxed seated pose. bear_original

But I would have sworn he was a sewn bear! How on earth did you give him his "fur"?

Becky

HLB Woolly Bears
Devon - UK

Thank you for all your kind words, its nice to know that its not just me being biased  bear_grin

Dangerbears - it took me while to figure out how to do this, but it taught me a whole new world of needle felting. Each strand of wool was pushed in, so one end is firmly rotted into the base of the bear, and the other end hanging out like fur... Many hours was spent doing this, then he was completely trimmed with scissors.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Woolly Bears wrote:

Each strand of wool was pushed in, so one end is firmly rotted into the base of the bear, and the other end hanging out like fur... Many hours was spent doing this, then he was completely trimmed with scissors.

Oh, my word! I've "rooted" mohair strands just a couple of times, and then only as details on the face. It's no wonder it took you months to make him! The finished effect is wonderful, though. bear_wub

Becky

Board footer