Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

1363689208_dsc_0023.jpg

Hi, everyone! This is "Fliederchen." She is my second bear ever and the first bear from my own pattern. Apologies for the crumby pictures. None of my cameras seem to "play nice" with the delicate, lavender mohair.

She has a few more issues than my first bear so in the end I pronounced her as not-sale-worthy. Not to worry, though! She'll be going to live with my Mom who is going through a tough time right now. That's why I named her Fliederchen, which is lilac in German... that's my mom's favorite flower!

When I realized that I had messed up her head a bit I also felt confident enough to do some experimenting on her. Definitely went overboard on the markers but all in all she turned out. I think she'll get a little more sprucing up before she heads off back to America. I always see things in pictures that I don't in real life...

1363689389_dsc_0001.jpg

haggishaem Posts: 15

To my inexperienced eye, he's wonderful.  I don't see any problem with the head or the shading and especially impressed that it is your own pattern.  Your mum will love it, well done.
Elizabeth

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

She is sweet, i love that colour. I think your marker work looks fine too, i have seen some bears that are way over coloured with markers but i wouldnt say yours is one of those, it is fine. I also like the paws, nice work bear_original

Boop Posts: 124

She is so cute! Great job!  bear_flower  I don't see any issues that should be fixed...

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Thank you guys so much! She was really fun to do. I still have just under a third of my 1/4 meter piece of that lavender mohair so I'm looking forward to working with it again!

I guess maybe her imperfections might not be so obvious (especially with my crumby photography) but if you hold her and feel her face they're fairly obvious. Essentially, I messed with her eyes too much (put on and removed whites of eyes and lids when I decided I didn't like them for this bear.) I reseated the eyes but the face was a little off kilter because of the core wool filling felting up. The ears are straight to the eyes but don't feel straight by touch if that makes any sense.

Anyway, none of this ruins her appeal but I think a real collector would call shenanigans so I decided she should go live with my mum instead of being my selling debut! I think my Mom is really going to love getting her and I learned a LOT making her... definitely more 'lessons' than my first!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

How can you be so good - is it really only your second bear??  I love the colour, the feet, the face, in fact everything!!  bear_wub

Board footer