Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MiKendRae Posts: 4

Help
I'm not a collector, but I'm hoping one of you will be able & willing to help me.  My childhood bear has a music box, & I'm trying to find out what the song is.

The bear was purchased around Christmas 1967-69; it's a slightly reddish-brown Knickerbocker teddy bear from The Animals of Distinction series.  It's about 15-20 inches tall, it has amber star-burst eyes with black felt behind them, black felt triangle nose, a red felt tongue sticking out, & a turnkey on the left side of it's butt for the internal music box, which feels like it might be 1 x 1 inch or 2 x 2 inches.

If any of you know what the music box's song is for this bear, or how I can find out, I would appreciated it so very much.  Since this is the first time I've been on here IDK if you can see my avatar or not, but if you can...that is the bear I'm refering too.

Thank you for your help.
MiKendRae

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Does the music box still play? If I could hear it, I could probably tell you the song. Perhaps there is someone in your area that knows music that could listen and tell you...a music person from a church, school or college might be able to help.
pandamac

MiKendRae Posts: 4

It does play, but it's out of tune.  After listening to it a few times, I believe it might be, "Que Sera Sera."  Thx

Us Bears Pennsylvania

"Que Sera" was a popular song in the late 1960s through the early 1970s.  (First featured in the 1956 Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Man Who Knew Too Much.")  Doris Day was a hot property, back then, and she was the one who helped popularize the song.  (She sang it in the movie.)

Lots of toy music boxes were produced which play that song.  I'm certain that I remember it played by a music box.

Given what you said about your Bear's approximate age, being born between 1967 and 1969, your guess seems to pretty accurate.

Board footer