Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jorye Posts: 2

Both have no markings to identify where or who they were made by. Any help identifying them would be greatly appreciated!

1366470330_img_0626.jpg

1366470353_img_0627.jpg

1366470372_img_0628.jpg

1366470386_img_0629.jpg

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I can't tell you much about them. But, I make teddy bears that look like this. I made the pattern because it reminded me of bears I grew up with, also looks like Radar's Bear on the TV series MASH.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I'd say they are carnival Bears.
They would be the prizes you get when you knock over the milk bottles with a baseball or some such game.

Not particularly auspicious Bears on their own but important, none the less, because somebody had to win those Bears for their sweethearts.
Those carnival games aren't often easy to win.  Teddy Bears are usually one of the top prizes.  Sometimes you would have to "trade up" several wins to get the top prize.

Somebody probably had to put in quite a bit of effort to win, not just one but, two Teddy Bears for his girl!

What's more, those Bears look well worn.  A well worn Teddy Bear is a well loved Teddy Bear!  Some little boy or girl had to put a whole lot of love into a Teddy Bear for him to look like that.  It's a Teddy Bear's greatest badge of honor!  He wears his "love patches" with pride!

You might want to spiff them up a little bit.  Surface clean them and give them a nice, careful brushing.  Ask "Blacky" if he wants a new eye but respect his wishes if he says no.  Whatever you do, don't fix them up too much!  If his seams are splitting or if he needs a patching, fine, but remember!  His love patches are what makes him special!

Maybe they aren't specially rare Bears or valuable Bears but they are real prizes.
Both figuratively and literally!  bear_cool

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

The bear on the bottom isn't familiar to me, but the panda is definitely a 50's era gund.....not worth any money really, but the vinyl muzzles are unique and charming, they remind me of the old cartoon characters from that era.

jorye Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies everyone! Really appreciate the enthusiastic feedback! They have definitely been the pride and joy of someones toy collection by the looks of it!

Board footer