Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Karon Posts: 751

Thought I would pop in again - it's been such a long time.

Teddy talk seems to have changed, where is the Teddy Talk. It should be "Cute animal of the Day Talk" where has every one gone?

I have been immersed in my dog Jamie and his new companion, a little 3/4 pug - now that is CUTE!!! Lol

I haven't made any bears for a long time but I have no doubt I will be fired again soon, after all I do have a massive chest of mohair waiting to be reborn'

Was so sad to hear that country artist "The Possum" George Jones passed away last month, any Possum fans out there?

I am still doing my needle felted pictures so not being totally I creative and am doing a summer school for mixed media landscapes.

I hope to hear from my teddy friends.

Love Karon xxx

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Hiya,
It is good that you are spending lots of time with your dogs, time goes so fast. My dog passed away a year ago age 16 and i miss her so much, i wish i had more time with her.

Bears will always be here, welcome back bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome back, Karon! How about some dog pictures? bear_original

I was sad to hear about George Jones, too. He was one of the best.

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Karon and welcome back!  :rose:
Yes, people change, things change and forums tend to change too; I think it's just inevitable, whether you like it or not.  :|
I do hope you will start making bears again soon and that you will share them here.  bear_thumb

Hi all!

Becky, George wasn't one of the best, he was the best! Lol!! I cried and cried at the funeral service when it was aired. He had such a distinctive voice. We will never have his like again.

I do like Randy Travis though!

I am so lucky to be starting out with my dogs - Jamie is 16 months and Willy is only 11 weeks. My journey with them is just beginning. Willy should have wings and a halo, he is so different from Jamie at that age.

What sort of dog did you have Jen?

I am going to try and be a bit more active on the site. Lets see if we can revive it! Lol

Karon x

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Your dogs sound lovely, i would love to see pics.

My dog was a mixture, we never did know of what exactly because she was a rescue dog. When we picked her up she was skinny, filthy and very nervous, her tail used to burst open at the end and bleed if she bashed it on anything.
We nursed her back to health and she was then with us for another 14 years, i am so glad i met her.

1369417975_26425_374949061079_2051473_n1.jpg

This is my dog Sally, and below is my parents dog Dieter who passed away about 6 months ago, they grew up together and i like to think they are together now.

1369418049_38663_413721451079_5695066_n1.jpg

Hi Jen

Sally looks like a Bedlington cross Lurcher. She was lovely!

Jamie is half pug half King Charles (not cavalier King Charles). Willy is 3/4 pug and a 1/4 chiquaqa. I am getting too old now to cope with big dogs, I like my portable small dogs!

They have been really good for me in all ways - Jamie is my life. We go out for whole days, stop by in dog friendly pubs. Jamie has been placed in dog shows and soon I want to start agility with him, as I think he would be brilliant at it.

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Thank you bear_original My parents have been talking about getting a smaller dog next time as they are getting on a bit and found it really hard when Dieters back legs began to get weak when he was old.

Agility sounds like fun, when i was little my parents were members of the local dog training club and i have many happy memories of watching the dogs train, going to shows and watching them do agility. Always hilarious when the dog stopped in the tunnel and wouldnt come out and the owner had to go in after them!

Your dogs sound like an interesting mix, i bet they are really cute bear_original

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Hey Karon how you going and welcome back  bear_thumb  Hope we get to see pics of your your dogs too bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back to TT, Karon . . . good to have you on board again!  Will look forward to seeing some bears from you and pics of your little guys.

Board footer