Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

tommie1857 Posts: 29

Hi,
I was wondering if Steiff Bears were ever made that didn't have moveable heads? I bought the cutest bear at a Antique store this weekend. All other parts move but his head. He also makes a cute noise when I tip him over. He was only $22 and I have really fallen in love with him. So it doesn't matter if he is Steiff. He's at home so I can't post a picture of him. I will tonight. I just wanted to know about the head. Also I can't find a button or a tag. He has the humped back the long arms and legs. Felt pads. Just the cutest bear I have ever seen. I want to hug him everytime I see him.
Thanks,
Tommie  bear_wub

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

I have quite a few Steiff bears and other animals that don't have moveable heads, so you never know it might be. I find that if the button in the ear isn't there, then a hole where it used to be usually is.

Looking forward to see the pic of it, it sounds like a nice bear bear_original

LitWit Posts: 298

You're so lucky! I dream of finding teddies at my local antique stores, but they're practically extinct here.  bear_noexpression

1372120127_bear_10.jpg1372120160_bear_11.jpg1372120192_bear_12.jpg1372120228_bear_13.jpg Ok this is my little bear I found in an Antique store. I was looking at him up close. His head does turn. His eyes appear to be glass buttons, felt on all paws, and 3 claws on his front paws. He also has a hump on his back. He makes such a cute sound when I tip him forward. His arms are longer then his legs. His body is oval. I can't find a button or a button hole on his ear. I hope you enjoy my little cutie. I know nothing about Steiff Bears. What do you all think? I just love him no matter what he is.
Tommie  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He is definitely a cutie, Tommie, and he is a hand-made bear, not from a big company like Steiff.

I like his rather slouchy look and his generous muzzle - totally charming!

Becky

Thanks Becky for the information. I think he's a great bear too. So cute. Someone put a lot of TLC into making him.  bear_thumb :

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

What a wonderful find, Tommie!

Thelma Thanks.  bear_thumb

Board footer