Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am looking for ideas on the make of this old bear. At first I thought he looked like a Merrythought or a Chad Valley.
He has a squeaker in his tummy. It doesn't work. He is stuffed with wood wool and I think he's quite old ... Maybe 1950/60s. He's in great condition apart from the easily repaired front seam where I assume a tag once was?
He has glass eyes and is a lovely bear I bought at a table top sale.
Have searched high and low for a likely maker... Would be grateful for any help here!!
1374478417_image.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He definitely looks like a Chad Valley bear to me.

His tag would have been on the sole of his right foot, so the split seam is probably the result of squeezing his tummy to work the squeaker.

Becky

warwickshire uk
Website

Possibly...I have tried to check out chad valley but can't find a similar one....doesn't appear that tag was ever on his foot...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I see what you mean... It is hard to find an exact match! He certainly is a sweet little ted.

Becky

P.S Could he be a Farnell? http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-1313 … -bear.html

warwickshire uk
Website

Nothing seems to tick the box yet....I might try Ken Yenke ...maybe it's worth the $20 investment to ask him!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have used Ken's services on two occasions and have been very happy.  It is worth the $20.00.  Please post back if you do find out who he is, he is a really nice little bear. What a great find.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It's only $10.00 (plus letter postage) for information from Ken, and it's especially worthwhile in "mystery" cases. bear_original

Becky

warwickshire uk
Website

Ok. That's interesting. It's $20 on Bears'n'Buds

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I looked at his website, and ended up sending him a check for $30 to assess 3 bears. (You can reach him at kenyenke@aol.com)

Becky

warwickshire uk
Website

Does he do PayPal....if he doesn't I will do the Bears'n'buds one....

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks Becky for the info, I went through Bears and Buds.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He doesn't take Paypal.

Becky

warwickshire uk
Website

Oh ok...then I need to go through Bears'n'buds.....that's useful to know. As I am in the UK that would stop me going directly to him
Thanks for the info...I am ever so grateful!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jenny, did you ever find out anything on this bear? Didn't see this post earlier so just wanted to say that I have a couple of Chad Valley bears with chest tags and NO tags on their feet. He looks like a Chad Valley to me.

Board footer