Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Spent a week, 2 hours a day, with 3 10-year old girls making their own bears. A bit challenging at times, but they did complete the bears in 10 hours. They now each have their own new best-ist friend.
Ellen

1375527328_cuttin.jpg1375527362_hand_sew.jpg1375527380_finish.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Marvelous! What a great way to spend time together and learn something new.

Becky

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

awesome!!

Miser Miser Bears

What a great idea! they made some cute bears bear_laugh

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Magnificent idea, Ellen!  A great way to spend your holidays and to introduce young people to bear making.  :thumbsup:
The results look really promising, though I am not so sure about the bear in the middle...  bear_tongue

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

the bear in the middle has the most wonderful fur. Soft and fluffy. She was a little uneven, but she did a good job on her. I used that same material to make a music-box bear for my granddaughter's first birthday, same pattern the girls used.
Ellen

Elli Posts: 102

Seems like the girls had a lot of fun, they look so proud of their bears!  bear_laugh
I wish I had a chance like this when I was a child, drawing my own pattern and teaching myself how to sew at that age was a desaster.  bear_rolleyes

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

I think they did very well for a first time try, we had better watch out. What a wonderful idea to give back knowlege

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I love this!  It is so nice to start them young on crafting. The love and skills will last a lifetime.  The girls did a wonderful job.

LitWit Posts: 298

This is SUCH a good idea! Teaching skills that can be the basis for a lifelong love of "crafting," and giving the kids such a feeling of accomplishment, too.  bear_thumb

Board footer