Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Pixie is 14" and made from a light-tan colored wavy silk-mohair blend (with a pink mohair contrasting muzzle). I made her for a dear friend who has had a tough year. Pixie's cardigan was made by the talented Marion Hankinson, whose knitting abilities far exceed my own.

I hope you like her!

Becky

1375541508_p1040668c_tt.jpg

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

she's gorgeous!!  I'm sure your friend will love her:)

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Carrie! bear_original

Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

She would certainly make me feel better! especially if it was made by a dear friend - that's double the love  :cry:
What a thoughtful thing to do Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

She is wonderful, Becky!   What a darling bear she is.  I also love the subtle contrasting colors.  bear_wub  bear_wub
I am sure your friend will love her, but if she doesn't, you know where she can find another loving home.  bear_whistle

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you both. I appreciate the feedback, and Peter - It's always nice to have a Plan B!  bear_original

Becky

Taylor Lincolnshire

Hi. Your friend is very lucky to have such a caring thoughtful friend and especially one that makes such beautiful bears. I'm sure she will love her, I sure do!  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Taylor and Pink. bear_flower And Pink - I think we now have a Plan C? bear_original

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Yes, but plan B comes before plan C!!  :lol:
(and plan B is foolproof!  bear_laugh )

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I heard from Pixie's new mom today, and we don't need a Plan B or a Plan C. She loves her! (Thank you for loving her as well.) bear_flower

Becky

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Wonderful bear with such a sweet,gentle expression and in beautiful delicate hues, just a perfect gift to comfort your friend.
I always wanted to try my hand at an inset face and I love the way you shaped the contrast around the eyes/nose muzzle area. Your beautiful bear has inspired me to give it a go  bear_thumb .

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Renee wrote:

Your beautiful bear has inspired me to give it a go

I'm so happy to hear that! One thing I did was to make sure the pink fabric went high enough on the muzzle to include a bit of the eye area. I thought the eyes would stand out more that way (than if the contrasting fabric ended below the eye area). I'm glad you like the result. bear_original

Becky

susana fung hong kong

Feel soft and i like the texture. She's feminine in her well fitted cardigan.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Suk Mei! bear_flower

Becky

student bearmaker Northern Ireland
dangerbears wrote:

I'm so happy to hear that! One thing I did was to make sure the pink fabric went high enough on the muzzle to include a bit of the eye area. I thought the eyes would stand out more that way (than if the contrasting fabric ended below the eye area). I'm glad you like the result. bear_original

Becky

Thanks Becky.I think the way you've done it frames the face beautifully,very clever bear_wub .

Board footer