Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

I have this bear that has Merrythought tags tied to its ribbon and it has the Merrythought yellow cloth tag stitched to its foot. So it should be be a Merrythought. But which Merrythought bear? Obvious not a Cheeky because its ears are so small! Can anyone help identify this bear, please?

It would have been bought between 1982 and 1984. It is 12 inches tall. Its fur is really thick - see how it obscures the eyes and mouth. The eyes are orange with a black center. It is five jointed, and does not have a growler. The pads are a dark brown felt material. Maybe some pictures will help:

1376863109_merrythought_12inch_1.jpg

1376863157_merrythought_12inch_2.jpg

1376863181_merrythought_12inch_3.jpg

1376863205_merrythought_12inch_4.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Ernie

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

If it's not part of a special limited edition, isn't it just a Merrythought teddy? (It looks to have all of the tags it came with.) Or are you looking for a catalog name like these new ones have? http://www.merrythought.co.uk/shop/5_Tr … eddy_Bears (I'll be no help, to be honest, but I'm curious about what you'd like to know.)

Becky

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

I'd like a catalog name and/or number.

Thanks for the link - when I looked at those bears, mine looks most like Shrewsberry - but several generation earlier.  bear_original

This is a bear from our Moms huge collection that we now have.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Got it - I don't know if the naming conventions were similar or not 30 years ago, but I enjoyed seeing your mom's bear as well as the ones in the Merrythought catalog. (I was surprised to see mostly mohair. Nice-looking bears!)

Becky

Board footer