Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MisterP Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

I am new to these forums. I have some old berg plush toys here that have been passed down to me from my grandparents, and am looking for information on them.

All I know is that the green button on the bear says "berg", and that they are probably German or Austrian. The tallest one is the teddy, and he stands about 7 inches tall.

I am curious how old they are, and if they have any value. I've hade these guys since I was a baby, yet somehow they are in very good condition.

I appreciate any help  bear_original

1380825926_dscn3334.jpg

1380825949_dscn3335.jpg

1380825968_dscn3336.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome Mister P.,

The three critters look like Steiff animals to me ('Joggi' hedgehog, kitten, and 'Revue Susi' dog). They're German and circa 1960s-1970s.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Berg teddy bear company except that it is Austrian, as you say. As to value, the Steiff animals don't have much monetary value without their "IDs" (metal ear button, yellow ear tag, and chest name tag), so I think you should keep them. They make great little decorations or companions. bear_original

Becky

MisterP Posts: 2

Thanks for your response, Becky.

They really are quite charming and I will surely hang onto them. I am hoping the teddy bear is worth some money still.

Board footer