Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

I was just wondering about the bear/rabbit industry and I would be interested to know about collectors and how they purchase.

Do you prefer to buy from shows were you can hold and examine a creation ?

Are you happy to buy form websites ?

Do you prefer to buy from shops ? Are you happy to pay more at a shop ?

I have always tended to collect old rabbits, so I am happy to buy off the internet.

The artist creations I have purchased have been at shows. Something has caught my eye and being able to pick up an item and feel it has given me confidence to then part with my money !

I would be happy to purchase from the same artist again then, over the internet. There is also an excitement about visiting a show knowing that you are going to come back with something. ( Usually I am showing myself so don't get much time ).

What do you do ? bear_original

Miser Miser Bears

I do love to pick up and actually see the bears, but usually you can get charlie/steiff etc so much cheaper online!

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

I do most of my buying online, if its cute in the picture its going to be cute when it turns up too! I suppose I buy online because I feel I have more choice, I can quickly scan lots of bear sites and places like ebay to see what is on offer, if one catches my eye then I will buy it.

I have bought from shows before but not very often.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I loved the thrill of the "hunt" buying from shows and stores back in the 90's, unfortunately when the bear collecting craze died off around '02 most of the bear shows and even bear shops in my region of the country shut down, forcing me to migrate to online purchasing.

the upshot to that though, even if it makes the search much less exciting, is that I can easily find the huge bears I love most, that normally aren't in stock at shows or shops, And I can grab really great second market deals on ebay.

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

I only sell my bears online, and have only received great reviews.  I think if a bear captures your heart in pictures it's gonna be even better in person:)

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Well it's glad to know that collectors are confident to buy online. I do think it gives collectors  the opportunity to see many bears/ rabbits from lots of different countries as well.

Board footer