Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hi all
I just finished a large bear (50cm ish) and had a bit of a problem with the filling. I buy my filling in bulk and last time I ordered some thought I would get the slightly more expensive 'high loft' one thinking it would be better. How wrong I was! It is so bouncy and slippery I am having a hard time getting it to shape and fill where I want it to and no matter how much I cram in I can still feel the joints when I press hard around the arms. I do tend to like a firmly stuffed bear and can be a bit guilty of over stuffing at times and so there is no way you can feel anything else but bear. Is this normal with this type of fill or am I doing something wrong? My finished bear is much softer than normal but I am still worried about it. Smaller bears are not so much of an issue as there is less arm to feel at.
I was wondering about washing the remaining (giant box bear_rolleyes ) of fill to try and loose some of its bounce?? or just order some more of the usual stuff and save the bouncy for making cushions. Btw I also like the wavy heavy weight fill although I haven't found a bulk supplier that does small orders of 10kg yet my usual supplier is World of Wool who are great. Any input as always appreciated.
Michelle

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

When I want a softer, huggable bear, I use the softer pollyfill. I think, based on what you described, you may need to go back to your normal stuffing and save the other for craft projects. If you have pets, make a doggie or cat bed with this stuffing you don't like. Just a thought.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Thanks Michelle I think your right best stick to what I like.

Board footer