Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

In addition to making bears, collecting bears is something that I love, and last year Charlie Bears' "Harrold" caught my eye. There was something sweet and simple about him that I really liked, and he arrived at my house in September.
1390158174_p1040701b.jpg

Harrold and I had a nice time after that. He took care of my reading glasses and the stack of books next to the bed. But Harrold didn't seem to "go with" any of my other teddy bears, so he sat by himself, and he looked a bit sad and lonely to me. I decided to search for a smaller Charlie Bear to keep Harrold company. There aren't many in the lineup that are smaller than he is, but I did find two that looked adorable to me. First came "Lawrence," and as you can see, they look exactly like brothers. Both bears seemed happy.
1390158363_p1040703b.jpg

And the next day, little "Buddy" arrived. He looks quite different from the first two Charlie Bears, but no one could deny his cuteness and squishability, so Buddy was welcomed to the party.
1390158480_p1040706b.jpg

So that's Harrold's story, and the moral is simple: You've gotta have friends!

Becky

Elli Posts: 102

A heart-warming happy end! bear_laugh

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All three pals are quite handsome!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

Awwww, that is so neat!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

I love to pictures of peoples hugs! Great trio Becky Harrold's my favourite (but don't tell the others   bear_original )
michelle

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

That is such a wonderful story, Becky, and one that I recognize from my own hug.  :teddybear:
Harrold is a very unusual bear, but I love him too (that's why I got one as well  bear_whistle ).  Lawrence seems like an excellent friend for him and I am sure that together they get up to all kinds of mischief when you're not watching.   :D
But now you have three boys; don't you think it's time you added a feminine touch?   bear_whistle

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
peterbear wrote:

But now you have three boys; don't you think it's time you added a feminine touch?

Ah, excellent thinking! (The kind of thinking that keeps our hugs expanding) bear_happy

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. Harrold seems quite content now.

Becky

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

What a great story!!!!!!! Charlie bears are SO very cute!

Miser Miser Bears

A great story, im so glad Harrold found some friends  bear_grin

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Bears go best in groups of three!   bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Randy . . . good to 'see' you.  Hope you're doing well.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww they look so good together, I collect too and also like mine in at least pairs.

Pauline x

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Hey, SueAnn & everybody.  :wave:

Doing okay.  Still settling in but making it on my own, so far.

Time heals all wounds... or is it... Time wounds all heels...  ??  ...I forget which...  ??

Oh...  And, sorry.  I've got to protest...

...then shalt thou count to Three Bears, no more, no less. Three shall be the number of Bears thou shalt count, and the number of the Bears shall be three. Four Bears shalt thou not count, neither count thou two Bears, excepting that thou then proceed to THREE BEARS. Five is right out!

bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy

After all the wrangling is over, I now have three Bears of my own, when they used to number over 1,000.

Now that I think of it, THREE BEARS is just the right number of Bears for me!  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

bear_grin That does sound like a good number to settle on. (Just ask Goldilocks!)  bear_grin

Becky

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Oh?  You mean that blonde juvenile delinquent?  bear_happy

BooBoo Posts: 153
Us Bears wrote:

Oh?  You mean that blonde juvenile delinquent?  ;)

bear_laugh

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

@Becky- Harrold is lovely ( I LOVE a bear with big feet!) I'll have to disagree with everyone though, three bears is FAR too few. If you have floorspace  still left in your home, you need to adopt more!

@Randy- good to see you still here, and glad you are doing okay. Remember to always keep you Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (tm) handy....you never know when those bloodthirsty bunnies will show up bear_happy

BooBoo Posts: 153

I keep coming back to look at those bears!!! I love them all!!! bear_wub

Us Bears Pennsylvania

"Bless this, O' Lord, thy Holy Hand Grenade that, with it, I may blow mine enemies to bits... In thy mercy."

Even if Bears are "supposed" to come in groups of three, we never said that there couldn't be MANY groups of three.  Did we?

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Board footer