Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

1407926470_watermarked_6_resized.jpg

Here's another bunny in my dust bunny series. He's another extra-special one, and I'm kind of excited about him. I've been saving up the fur/wool I get from brushing my two pet rabbits, and this is the first thing I've needle-felted from it. This little guy is made of the brushing from my English Spot, Rosie. He's available on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1996810 … m-use-made

1407926596_watermarked_3_resized.jpg

1407926598_watermarked_7_resized.jpg

1407926602_watermarked_2_resized.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CrawlyCreepies Posts: 89

That's cool! Cute bunny (both of them). Does rabbit fur feel different to felt with than sheep wool? Did Rosie try to nibble him? My dogs always try to eat their brushed out fur clumps.

Website

Thanks! It's very different to work with with than sheep's wool. It took way longer to make him than it normally takes me to make a bunny out of sheep wool. The rabbit fur is so fine and the fibers are so short that it takes longer to get it to felt. But it's so, so, so silky-soft! It took a lot of felting to make it solid, but it's so worth it because it's so soft.

Website

Oh yes, and, fortunately, Rosie just gave him a good sniffing, no nibbling! That's funny that your dogs try eating their fur brushings! Who knows what they're thinking sometimes... bear_original

CrawlyCreepies Posts: 89

I think every dog I've ever had has done that.

It's too bad rex rabbits aren't curly haired like rex cats and rats, that might be easier to felt.

Board footer