Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

biscitpoo Posts: 3

1413332401_100_5932.jpg
1413332446_100_5935.jpg
This first guy has a sweater and hat to match.
1413332562_100_5936.jpg
1413332577_100_5937.jpg
Thanks in advance.

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I'm thinking that the golden boy is an ideal or maybe Dean's, the blond fellow is German, but I can't narrow it down more than that. They are weathered, and hard to identify. but that in itself makes them precious.

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Lovely bears, hard to tell where they could be from, you can usually rule Steiff in or out by looking to see if there is a button, or a hole where the button used to be in their ear.

The bottom one looks like a Steiff to me, this one here is similar id say. http://www.kovels.com/price-guide/toys- … eid=702469

Good luck!

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I'll put my two cents in..... bear_grin   I think the bottom one is a Knickerbocker bear, and that's based on the stitching of his mouth.....and the chunkiness of his body....(Love the chunkiness)...he would have had a tag in the middle of his chest....but in any case, TOTALLY LOVELY BEARS!!!

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

and now that i'm thinking about it....perhaps the first one is an Ideal bear?????  they had ears more on the sides or their head and a triangular shaped nose...it's hard to tell though...if you're in the U.S., it could be more likely... bear_flower , as both Knickerbocker and Ideal were made here...but I'm not an expert...just a collector....

biscitpoo Posts: 3

"I'm thinking that the golden boy is an ideal or maybe Dean's, the blond fellow is German, but I can't narrow it down more than that. They are weathered, and hard to identify. but that in itself makes them precious."

My parents and grand parents spent some time in Germany quite a time ago.... so....

Thank you for giving me some direction and observations.  I appreciate your input, it's fun! bear_grin this is a whole different world.

Board footer