Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I thought I'd post a few more of the teds from my hug....this time by fabulous Bear Artist Sharon Barron of Vista, California....

I first bought one of her big bears, Adam, at the fantastic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania show a couple of years ago....he's maybe 20 inches or so (LOVE THOSE BIG BEARS :lol:)

And then, well, next time I went to that show, I bought another of her bears to go with him, a little smaller this time...her name is Mayflower...well, who can resist a bear with a hat and sweater????

And then, well, I saw a little smaller Barron Bear, Jamie, online....and I thought, well, that one would be nice to have, nicely dressed, a bargain and he IS a little more portable!   He would fit in so nicely with the other Barron Bears!

And then this year when I went to that show yet again, and I saw this sweetest little Barron bear, little crocheted outfit and matching hat, and I thought, well, okay, just one more......her name is Jill...only 6.5 inches tall or so, that would be easy to fit into one of the bear cabinets, wouldn't it???   How much room can she take up really???

So there you go...from big bear to tiny bear.....

1408390498_img_7036.jpg

LitWit Posts: 298

Oh, I LOVE them! Luscious fur, and such soulful eyes! Does Adam have a hump?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Yay! They all look so good together. bear_original (I can see why you couldn't resist Mayflower. She's my favorite.)

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Just like you I also LOVE Sharon Barron's bears, especially the big ones!  bear_wub   (Although I admit that Mayflower is one very cute lady bear.)

Here are two of my very big bears by Sharon; they are very close to 30" tall (Jaxson Lee & Mindy) :

1408526213_jaxson_lee_amp_mindy02_small.jpg

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

WOW, Peter, what a beautiful pair of teddies those are!!!!!   They are just GORGEOUS!!!  (I'm not surprised they're such big bears :lol:)

I just love the shading Sharon does on their faces.....

LitWit Posts: 298

Does she use waxed thread for their noses? They look pleasantly shiny. Those bears are so appealing that I might have to stop buying bears from eBay in order to save up for one!  bear_laugh

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

oh, yes, a lovely waxed kissable nose....and Litwit, I LOVE LOVE LOVE ebay...... bear_wub

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_wub All gorgeous not even possible to pick a favorite here!
michelle

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I know I'm late to the game, but I just have to comment on the gorgeous bears you have shared, EJ and Peterbear!  bear_wub Sharron's bears are really lovely.  bear_smile

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi
Lovely sets of bears. They have a timeless quality about them. It's interesting how we find an artist who's bears we luv the look of, and we just want more, and more of them.

Debbie Five Shelbyville, TN

Love your Barron bears! They are wonderful!  ~ Debbie 5

Phil@TC Coventry
Website

What nice family photos. - Phil bear_wub

Board footer