Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Boz's Bears Tedwina & Friends
Shetland
Website

A few weeks ago while googling online charity shops for a completely un-bear related project, I came across this little guy in the SCOPE ebay shop
IMG_0921_zpsa6b37018.jpg

He was too adorable and grumpy looking for me to resist, and as he only cost me £9.99 I took him home.

A few days later I spotted this guy, also on Ebay

IMG_0951_zps72020fae.jpg
IMG_0953_zps72f5af63.jpg

There was absolutely no way I could resist that face, so he came home with me too! (for a bargain £4.99!)
So - in a matter of weeks I have somehow come to acquire two old merrythought dogs (both still with tags).  I have no idea how old they are - but they are both so adorable.  Do Merrythoughts usually come with a name? If so how might I find that out?

Anywhere, here they all are posing with my other mad, hairy, not stuffed dog!

IMG_0947_zpsecf1b5a2.jpg

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Wow, what a lovely pack of dogs you have there!!!! 

Of course, your real puppy is the most beautiful, but to me, the one on the right comes in at a close second!!  Great deal!  I wouldn't have been able to resist either! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

By the way, I've looked in my Magic of Merrythought Book (John Axe, 1986), and they have quite a few dogs listed..but not all of them pictured.  There's a cairn Terrier (Bruce) or an Aberdeen terrier (Robbie, Jock, Angus) or a Sealyham terrier, whatever that is.  In any case, i'm sure someone in Ironbridge at the Merrythought factor would know!     bear_grin   There's a bulldog named Dinkie, but that doesn't sound right for yours!  Hope this helps!

Debbie Five Shelbyville, TN

Love your dogs! You never know what you might find on eBay! bear_thumb

Board footer